What's new

Wagon Train - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

S

silverking

Timeless are to release 'Wagon Train' the complete 1st Season on Nov 17th.
39 episodes, complete & uncut.Cover art can be sen at Amazon.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I'm not seeing anything listed on Amazon or the Timeless Media website about this, or TV Shows on DVD, where did you hear about it?

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I see...It slipped to the third page. You're right it is a bit pricey. But then again so was the color season and M-Squad initially from what I recall. I'll bet it will get down to $40 or so within a year.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I found most of the Timeless releases at Sam's club . I paid around 40 for both m squad and color season of Wagon Train.The Laredo sets were 20 ea and Laramie was around 27.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know if any of the S1 episodes were included in that Wagon Train B/W - Color combination set that was released last fall?

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Hopefully the episodes will be uncut as they say. I don't think I see anything about remastering. Hopefully it won't be as rough as the M Squad stuff.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
That is fantastic news. I think of all the westerns that I have sampled so far Wagon Train is my absolute favorite. I'm very excited about this news! I really don't think picture quality will be too bad if Timeless's other Wagon Train sets are any indication. They were more than adequate for my needs that is for sure, but I also thought that M-Squad wasn't nearly as bad as some people indicated. The only recent Timeless set that I was really disappointed in was Laramie.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I usually wait, amazon drops the prices pretty quick I bought M-Squad for around 40 bucks

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
According to TVSHOWSONDVD.COM It looks like the set is going to come in a nice presentation tin, and With 10 discs the quality ought to be pretty good.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Far be it for me to cry "wolf", but the limited edition mention concerns me. Hopefully it will hang on long enough to drop in price and not sell out.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
The question i have is this going to be another set of mixed prints - 16mm,35mm and 'sorced from tape" prints,or what?

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by DeWilson /forum/thread/292000/wagon-train-season-1#post_3601231
The question i have is this going to be another set of mixed prints - 16mm,35mm and 'sorced from tape" prints,or what?
The RTN network has been showing these as part of their all-Universal Studios programming, so with luck, we'll get some decent prints directly from Universal. The other two Wagon Train sets Timeless put out looked pretty good, compared to some of their other releases.
This is currently listed at Deep Discount for $54.40--not too bad for 39 one-hour episodes:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=81341747

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I have that Wagon Train set from last fall (the color seaon set with the bonus B/W discs from the other seasons) and if these prints are as good as the ones in the combined set, they should be fairly good quality.

The problem for me is that there will be a little duplication of episodes if I decide to get the S1 B/W set since, according to the box set from last fall, the 16-episode B/W discs contain episodes from the B/W seasons. I haven't watched many of the B/W episodes yet so there may be only a couple of duplicate episodes from the S1 set.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Jeff, you need not worry too much. There are only 4 S1 episodes in last fall's 16 disc set, so that leaves 35 previously unreleased episodes in this new set.

Personally, I'll wait for S1 to show up at Sam's Club. They always seem to have a healthy selection of Timeless releases at competitive prices.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Great news. Another piece of my childhood showing up. As I remember (& I could be wrong) it used to show in England on Monday evenings, a big show at the time.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeff, you need not worry too much. There are only 4 S1 episodes in last fall's 16 disc set, so that leaves 35 previously unreleased episodes in this new set.
Personally, I'll wait for S1 to show up at Sam's Club. They always seem to have a healthy selection of Timeless releases at competitive prices.
Thanks for the info! This one sounds good for "Santa's" sleigh on the night of the 24th :)
Billy B: +1. I remember watching this with Dad long ago. Great show. I have that Color-season set that was released last fall with the 16 B/W episodes but I'll get this one as well.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis /forum/thread/292000/wagon-train-season-1#post_3604757
I have that Color-season set that was released last fall with the 16 B/W episodes but I'll get this one as well.
I'm open to purchasing this one too, but I'm going to wait it out a bit until I can snag it for around $40. But it will be in my library at some point, of that I'm certain.
Gary "I'm taking the same purchasing philosophy with the upcoming Bonanza set too - holding out till I can get the entire 1st Season (both volumes) for about $40" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Dang...forgot about this one. Another to add to the list. And to think I said I was done for the year after the last big DD sale. I'm thinking either the Nov DD sale or the after Christmas sales.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here yet, but there is a pretty strong rumor on the 'Net that this 1st Season set is going to be a Sam's Club exclusive. Adding strength to this rumor is that both Barnes&Noble and Deep Discount have now removed the set from their site (DD says it's discontinued). Only Amazon still has it listed. This Sam's Club Exclusive info comes from a pretty solid source too: Classicflix. And they are almost never wrong.

Gary "I'm a member of Sam's Club so if the price is right it won't affect me, but I hope this info is wrong because it ices out too many potential buyers" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks