What's new

Vote: Pick My Next Sub (1 Viewer)

shockemags

Agent
Real Name
Joe Johnson
I have the Onkyo 604 with the Fluance AV-SC Center and a pair of the Fluance AV-F3 Towers. (I will add the Fluance AV-BP2 Sattilites once I get the extra $100 :frowning: ). I want to add an inexpensive but decent quality sub. I have been suggested the Velo VX-10 , Velo VRP1000 , AV123 X-Sub , HSU STF-1 , BIC V80 , or Either Fluance Sub

So just give me your vote and reason... Thanks!

P.S. I estimate the room is 15x 10 but isn't closed off... Here's the plan...

I don't want to shake the walls but I would like as good quality as I can get.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
You should add the Acoustech H-100 into your list.

I would vote for either the H-100 or the X-Sub.

MikeNg

Second Unit
Well, because the room isn't closed off, it's more like 15X30. Regardless of which sub you choose, you won't have enough oomph to fill that space.

If this will be the place where your HT will reside for the forseeable future, I'd choose none of the above and save your pennies for at least a PB12.

Larry_C250

Auditioning

Of course he does - he's a shill for SVS :)

To be honest - this kind of posting IMO really hurts the SVS brand. If the sub is "so freaking good" then why do people always suggest "Dual" subs? No matter your answer Sherrard - I read a response like that as "a single sub is not good enough to give you impactful bass for your room size - go with dual". Sorry, for that price - I'd go with a Sig Servo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks