1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote for BOOMTOWN on DVD!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Matt_P, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Matt_P

Matt_P Well-Known Member

Season 2 of TV's best drama, Boomtown, is starting on Friday, September 26th. You can catch reruns of Season 1 on NBC, Friday nights at 10pm EST/9pm CST.

Amazon is taking a poll to gauge interest in Boomtown Season DVD sets. Just go to http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...027826-8400932 or search for Boomtown under DVD, and enter your e-mail address to show your interest.

We need to let NBC/Dreamworks know that there is a market for this great show!

Any other supporters?

Thanks.

2. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Well-Known Member

I watched the first few episodes, I thought it was well done, but it just didn't grab me, and since I watch so much TV to begin with, it landed on my chopping block.
    Also with my large collection, I don't have room for it....

3. Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren Well-Known Member

i love police dramas but this didn't really grab me by the balls in any serious way. It deserves a DVD release though like most shows. Personally I think The Shield, 24, CSI and The Sopranos are vastly superior to it. Though Boomtowns premise was quite interesting. [​IMG]

4. BrandonJF

BrandonJF Well-Known Member

Honestly, the show didn't grab me at first, either. I thought it was good, but not good enough to add another show to the already high number of shows I was watching. Later in the season, a promo grabbed my attention and I gave it another shot. I got hooked pretty quickly after that.

5. Rob P S

Rob P S Well-Known Member

rob
    I was hooked from the first episode. Despite a couple of missteps along the way, it's a great show. Can't wait for the season premiere and I cast my vote.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Well-Known Member

Amazon takes these polls on all unreleased titles. In all honesty I believe that they just use it to build a mailing list

7. Sergio A

Sergio A Well-Known Member

Personally, I rate it with 24 as the most formally innovative show on TV at the moment, although I was disappointed when the episodes after the season 1 hiatus largely dispensed with its striking and often highly dramatic use of discontinuous chronology - I hope season two follows the strong pattern of the first half dozen or so episodes.

8. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Well-Known Member

Rich Travale
    As much as this would be a good show on DVD I refuse to support anymore "put this show on DVD" until 21 Jump Street is released. Thank you [​IMG]