What's new

Voltron TV series - Will it ever be released in R1? (2 Viewers)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Aw, fuck, man. Two more months?

Wait...make that two-and-a-HALF more months. You'd think they'd have enough of these in the pipeline by now to create a "buffer" (unless it's another collector's tin shortage-type of situation).

At this rate, we won't get the Vehicle Voltron DVDs until the year 2019.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
The MediaBlasters site which is offering the set for sale is STILL advertising the 2/27 date. Could they be releasing the set earlier exclusively through their site and just have delayed the retail version two and a half months?

Paul

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
PRE-ORDER. UPDATED! -SHIPS 5/7/07-. Voltron, Vol. 3: Green Lion (3pc) (1986)

official page updated as well

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
A new piece up at TVShowsonDVD.com which goes into further detail on the reasons for the delay...apparently, Media Blasters were at first claiming that it was a "wait-'till-we-have-enough-supply-to-meet-the-demand" thing, but now it's due to "materials issues" (more collector's tin problems?):

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6922

Reportedly, World Events wasn't too thrilled with the delay-decision, but are going with it. Media Blasters are fairly notorious for their holdups; I'm quite happy with the quality of the restored episodes thus far, and I'm willing to wait, but again....it's pushing those highly-coveted Vehicle Voltron DVDs back further and further and further.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Just to let people know, today I got a shipping notice for Voltron Volume 3 DVD set from the online Voltron store so it may be arriving three weeks early for everyone who went through the site.

Paul

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Yeap! Thanks a lot David!
It looked like Voltron got an "animation facelift" just like "He-Man and The Masters of the Universe" had in 2002

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Am I the only one where Voltron just didn't age very well?

I have the first two lion sets but I just couldn't sit through them after all these years.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
According to TVSODVD, "The Fleet of Doom" is released tomorrow Tuesday exclusively by the online Voltron.com shop for $19

When I tried to checkout with International shipping imagine my surprise when I saw the shipping fee!

Shipping Method Price International Economy$64.05International Priority$67.29

Are they CRAZY? I will wait for it to show up on eBay.. exclusive my a..

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
That's just plain STUPID.

Most DVD stores - like DVDPacific, DeepDiscount, Amazon - charge around $1-3 per disc for economy service (which is standard international surface mail).

That price is ludicrous, and is plainly anything but "economy". It is obviously something like FedEx Priority.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Ordered mine for $25.25 shipped USPS Priority. However, one section of the Voltron website says expected ship date 6/26/07 and the order page says ships 7/6/07. As long as I get it soon, I'll be happy.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Video on the Voltron webstore REVEALS final 5th volume. Strange thing is that it wont be black -resembling to the 5th black lion- but instead Golden with a red stripe !

Go to Voltron.com > Watch and see the video!

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Now the ship date says 7/9/07. Hope it gets out soon without flaws in the disc. But if there's a problem, I guess I'd rather wait for things to be corrected rather than get a crappy dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks