What's new

Viva Viva Las Vegas HD!!! (1 Viewer)

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Is there is any supplemental material on the disc that indicates how they remastered the multichannel tracks? My guess is that they went to the stereo tracks from the soundtrack album for the musical numbers. I'd be very surprised if any of the original audio stems still survived. But that would be incredibly cool if they did...

Dave>h

Second Unit
I am not an expert on the subject but I think I read somewhere that seperate recording sessions were done for the soundtrack and the Movie score. I know that the mix for the movie mucial numbers (Jailhouse Rock for sure) is different from the Album version (think there are horns used in the movie version). Not sure about Viva Las Vegas but I suspect it is similar.

My guess would be that the rights to the movie and the rights to the album were owned by different companies and therefore needed to be seperately prepared.

Maybe there is an expert on the forum who can elaborate because I am just speculating...

A feauturette on how they re did the audio would be a fascinating extra! Look forward to hearing Elvis in HD surround sound. Although I guess I already have as I own the DVD A of Elvis #1's - excellent BTW. Elvis in surround is way cool!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks