What's new

Directors VISIONS OF LIGHT tourney! (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
the other films you mentioned weren't eligable because John Alton didn't put them in the documentary Visions of Light. The New World because it wasn't made when the documentary was. it's all on the first page. :P Citizen Kane may be a bit overrated but its photography could only be called unsubtle if you're predisposed to dislike it, imo. A cynical attitude could make any film look unsubtle since it is all smoke and mirrors, duve and silks, manipulation and sorcery. that's part of what cinema is. painting with something as intangible as light on celluloid.

KANE VICTORIOUS:

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
it was a surprise to me how well 2001 did, I didn't even have it as one of the top two of the bracket it was in, those were Night of the Hunter and the Godfather. my top seeded films were CK, Night of the Hunter, Sunrise and Lawrence of Arabia.

this was a lot of fun, even if it did take quite a while and was a bucket load of work to prep all the shots. I think I'm burnt out on running tourneys for a good long while. though the saddest part was watching Empire of the Sun go down in the first round to McCabe and Mrs Miller, I had hoped the film with the greatest cinematography ever would have at least made it to the second round. :)

Though now I have all these screencaps to do something with... name that movie perhaps? maybe sometime.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
What was your criteria for seeding Adam?

And a great tournament Adam—one of the best in some time.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
seeding? it was kinda random, I tried to sort what I thought were the top films out and then separate them so they wouldn't face each other too soon, then I did that for each grouping of films, but the order wasn't really specific other than trying to balance out the brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks