What's new

Viewing STAR WARS digitally and Ticket Information (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
One more update for all the Seattle Cinerama guys:
As of now, the digital projector is scheduled to be completed by next week and should be in place by the May 12th Charity Screening.
WooooooHooooooo! :)

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Hey Thi: I got tickets (hopefully) at the AMC 30 at the Block in Orange. However, I'm definately going to see a DLP presentation at the Spectrum. What about you? (still at UC btw?)

EDIT: Just a heads up Fandango started selling tickets as of a few minutes ago (at least here in Southern Cal).

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Jehan, I usually see movies at the Block or Century Stadium 25, but I'm thinking of seeing it at Westwood Village since I've never been there before. Then if the movie is good, I will check it out in DLP at the Spectrum. (I graduated from UCI in December.)

L.A. area people: Anyone know if it will be definately playing at the Mann's Village in Westwood? I looked on Moviefone but they list it under "Mann Village and Bruin."

~T

Jeff Williams

Stunt Coordinator
I have confirmed that my local Cinemark in Mossic, PA will be playing a midnight show. You can also buy tickets online now and you do get a confirmation number. I bet that no one here even lives near me, but I'm just spreading the word.

Jeff

John Stockton

Second Unit

Not true. Return of the Jedi played at GC Avco cinema in Westwood in May 1983. This was the first commercial theatre to install Lucas Film's THX sound system. The insatllation was done for the openning of Jedi.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I just found out that the tickets I have for the 16th and 18th are in the DLP theater at the Framingham, MA General Cinema!!! Oddly enough, the midnight show is not in this one. I'll get to compare the two so I guess it's okay that the midnight show is film based.

I haven't read this entire thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned but the DLP in Framingham is in theater #9.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Jim,

I just booked tickets for that theater for the 18th. When i called the theater I was told that all shows currently listed were for theater #9. I specifically asked about the digital showings and was told that that was the only showing that tickets were being sold for. I was told tickets for all other showings don't go on sale for a couple of more days. It seems odd that the midnight show would be different.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Jim,

I just booked tickets for that theater for the 18th. When i called the theater I was told that all shows currently listed were for theater #9. I specifically asked about the digital showings and was told that that was the only showing that tickets were being sold for. I was told tickets for all other showings don't go on sale for a couple of more days.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Jim,
I booked tickets for Saturday the 18th and they are for #9 so i guess i will be all set for a digital veiwing:emoji_thumbsup: :)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Congrats! I'm really looking forward to comparing the film version to the digital version. I still can't believe that there are only 19 of these projectors in the country and we have one in our backyard.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Can anyone confirm if the Paramount Famous Players in downtown Toronto still has their DLP projector (and showing EpII)?

The official DLP page says it's moving to Colossus, which is in Woodbrige...

which is a lot further away...

specially if you don't have a car...

...Is the move done yet? Will either theatre show EpII digitally?

ARGH.

I guess I'll call them tomorrow...

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator
Not true. Return of the Jedi played at GC Avco cinema in Westwood in May 1983. This was the first commercial theatre to install Lucas Film's THX sound system. The insatllation was done for the openning of Jedi.
Actually, while the first three Star Wars films had their first-run engagements at the Avco I in Westwood, the Village DID play the special edition versions, so both statements could be consdiered accurate.

In Hollywood, the original Star Wars played at the Chinese (one of only TWO theatres that opened the film). EMPIRE and JEDI played first-run at the Egyptian, while Episode 1 opened at the Chinese.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
According to www.chicagoforce.net McClurg Court in Chicago will be showing AOTC in digital! I hope it's true. Tickets haven't started going on sale yet, but there's a line in front of the theater. They could go onsale any time. No one knows. I'll probably be joining them later tonight.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Philly people! Supposedly Franklin Mills has digital projection!

I am calling them to confirm it, but no one is answering the main number

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Quick question, I've never bought movie tickets online, I usually just wait a few days but.....Its AOTC!:D
Do you guys find it to be a pretty smooth process? Which online servie do you use? Fandango? Something else? Thanks.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Do you guys find it to be a pretty smooth process? Which online servie do you use? Fandango? Something else? Thanks.
For AMC Theaters, I use their own service, www.movietickets.com -- which has the advantage of no service charge once you sign up for membership. Fandango is OK, but it's a non-issue for Star Wars II in New York City, since Fandango primarily covers Loews Cineplex and the film won't be playing at any Loews theater here (Phantom Menace didn't either).
Moviefone is fairly reliable, but its coverage shrank a few months ago when it ended its deal with Loews.
So bottom line: It really depends on which theater you're buying tickets for.
M.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Just another heads up, the CNN Star Wars special is on right now. They are about to air an interview with Hayden Christensen. Going back to watch it now:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks