What's new

Vienna Acoustics (1 Viewer)

mark mann

Auditioning
Just recently picked up a pair of Bach floorstanders and they are sounding really nice,however they sounded very dull until i filled the bottoms with sand.I had klipsch rf-3ii before them and they were real loud,but the horns were too much for my ears so i upgraded to the viennas and im impressed.....

Christian Speights

Stunt Coordinator
I am running a pair of Mozarts but I haven't filled them yet. Everytthing I have read suggests that there is a noticeable benefit when you do fill them.

I just don't want to add 30+ pounds to something that I will have to pack up and move from time to time (I live in an apartment). Also, I am a little hesitant about the whole process...seems like it could get real messy real fast.

Anyway, nice to see that there are other Vienna owners on the forum. Don't hear a lot about them from the folks here.

Dave Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
i just got some va bach's for father's day. :)
i have them filled w/sand. in a review i read once the writer recommended the mozarts be filled 3/4 with sand. different for the bach's, i have them full (yeah, they're heavy).

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Yesterday I ordered a pair of BEETHOVEN Baby Grands.

Like mark, (who by the way started this earliest of the threads on this subject), I'm moving from Klipsch to Vienna Acoustic.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Nice speakers guys, I had a pleasure to audition the whole line[except the Mahler], they sounded absolutelly phenominal.:emoji_thumbsup:
Too bad I couldn't afford them.:frowning:

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
The speakers are very nice for the money with furniture quality cabinets. When my friend worked at the high end shop over a 5-6 yr. period, I delivered and set up a couple of dozen pairs with him. The Waltzes work real nice as surrounds for on-wall speakers as well. Sand does make a difference. My brother got the Mozarts a few yrs. back and I set them up. They are also fairly easy to drive.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I will warn anyone that they are awesome speakers (jazz/classical sounds wonderful!), but not the best if you want to rock out :D
They may be easy to drive, but they are not very efficent (I know from experence with their old and new stuff)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
They will still be OK. They lack the 'bite' that many speakers have, as in, the Veinna's are not aggressive.

They do sound very good on movies to me.

Reguardless, they are awesome speakers and you should check them out. Remember a lot of your $$$ is going to a hi-end box.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Cranked up the BEETHOVEN Baby Grands today. First thing I played was Muddy Water's Feel Like Going Home from the Folksinger album. Then I put on Joshua Bell's West Side Story Suite.
I was hard to breath.
Can't wait to get these positioned correctly in the room.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
VA are pretty nice, but i think you can do better for those kinds of prices. Certainly nothing wrong with them though.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Have lived with these for about 6 weeks now and I could not be any happier when I'm in that room.
If you're speaker shopping anywhere near this price range, check 'em out. :)
They look real good too.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I've had my Vienna Beethovens for around 3 weeks now and couldn't be happier. My CD listening has increased 100% since getting these speakers. And I also went from Klipsch to Vienna. What's up with that?!:D

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I’ve had my Beethoven’s for a while now. Decided I was keeping them after playing a few tracks like
George Winstons’s “Night divides the Day” Track 9 “My Wild Love” in which Winston plucks the strings directly inside the piano. VERY nice on the VA's, - (can’t stand some of the tracks on this CD which make "The Doors" sound (on piano) like a bad SNL skit about a lonely hearts bars, - but a few of the tracks (like #9) are excellent.

Have a decision to make right now about packing my mains away, while the new puppy grows up!…So far he has not noticed them while exploring household objects to chew up. But I fear!

Would like to change my surrounds over to VA’s someday, but size of the surround cabinets is an issue for me.

karl_burns

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my Mozarts for a couple of years now. I have some decent B&W center/rears because my wallet needed a break. Now, I'm ready to upgrade the center to a Theatro....... but I really want to upgrade to Beethovens. What am I to do? :)
Karl

Kevin Keiper

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Keiper
Thanks for your post - just bought a pair yesterday, after taking a stack of records down to demo on a good turntable and Mcintosh amp... I expect to power my Baby Grands with a McIntosh 2105 amp - vinyl only here :) what are you other opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks