What's new

Video Essentials for $15.00 at www.dvdtalk.com (1 Viewer)

Well, for what it's worth...
I ordered mine Wednesday (I picked the free shipping method), and it just arrived in the mail today (Houston). All I received in the way of confirmation prior to today was the webpage with the confirmation number, so I hope this bodes a little better for you guys...

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Suprise: cam home last night and there it was. Only got to mess with the audio part, hope to work on the video part tonight.

Brian_J

Second Unit
Finished calibrating everything last night. Of course my wife immediately freaked when she saw how "dark and fuzzy" the picture was. Oh well.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,
I just received my DVD Video Essentials today. I am looking forward to setting up my modest home system and seeing how things should sound and look.
I ordered my DVD last week around August 3 and like many others, did not receive any confirmation e-mail. It all turned out fine.
------------------
Bill the Cat

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
Mine showed up today. Ordered on 8/2. Ran the VE calibration tonight. Very comprehensive and easy to follow. Fortunately the geometry on my Sony 35" was close to perfect, so I don't have to think about accessing the service menus. Wow, what a bargain.

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
To anyone who used UPS Ground shipping, how long after you were charged did you receive your disk? Its been 6 days for me.
angry.gif

Thanks,
Seb
------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Sebastion,
I know what you mean. I ordered mine on the 1st, and I STILL haven't gotten it yet, and my card was charged too. I called them yesterday to see what was up and they told me that they had like 10 times the number of orders that they expected, and that they just finished sending them all out YESTERDAY! Hearing that, I've decided to give them a few more days.
I'd rather just get what I ordered, and not have a cow about it. I'm too young for that kind of stress.
biggrin.gif
.......Wil
------------------
"The rose petal floats on water,
the kingfisher flashes above the pond.
Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

al'Lan Mandragoran,
*******The Wheel of Time

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the information Wil. I just e-mailed them to find out what was up and then I read your post. I'll give a couple more days cause I'm getting VE for a third of the retail price I could be paying at Future Shop.
Seb
------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

tommy_esq

Stunt Coordinator
guys, you're not alone. i ordered mine on 8/3 and still haven't got mine. what bothers me more is that upon placing my order i did not receive any sort of email confirmation. there was a confirmation screen, but i lost it before i could write the info down. personally, i think you should get an email notification upon ordering anything on line. don't you think?

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I haven't received mine yet either.
------------------
What are we going to do tomorrow night Brain?
The same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world!
Pinky and the Brain

I still don't have mine and my cc was charged on Aug. 2.
I e-mailed the dvd talk guy and he gave me the e-mail address of the company that was supposed to send the dvd.
They e-mailed me back and said they were sending it right out. But this was the day of the terrorist attack and who knows when it will come now?

Brian Einarsen

Auditioning
I'd really like to get my hands on this one but never saw this deal. Please post again if it will ever be available for a new period of time. Thanks!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i just did a search for VE on dvdpricesearch.com and came up with two results:
(lowest price...)
ve: 17.20
digital ve: 14.51
btw - avia: 34.97
so it seems like we can still get ve at a pretty decent price?
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
I did the same dvdpricesearch.com search and I came up with the same results. It the disc called "Digital Video Essentials" the new VE disc? It seems to be made by the same people. Seems that it is going to be released next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks