What's new

Vertigo - additional restoration coming? (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
It certainly now looks like Vertigo is coming from Universal later this year as part of the Hitchcock boxed set, if not as a standalone release.
Amazon UK lists as extras:
"Bonus Features: Obsessed with Vertigo: New Life for Hitchcock’s Masterpiece, Partners in Crime: Hitchcock’s Collaborators, Hitchcock / Truffaut Interview Excerpts, Foreign Censorship Ending, The Vertigo Archives, Feature Commentary with Associate Producer Herbert Coleman, Restoration Team Robert A. Harris and James C. Katz, and Other Vertigo Participants, Feature Commentary with Director William Friedkin, 100 Years of Universal: The Lew Wasserman Era, Theatrical Trailer, Restoration Theatrical Trailer."
Are all of these the old extras from the LD era (that's certainly how it looks)?
Have you done any more work on Vertigo?
If not, do you know what extra work has been done?
Many thanks.
Steve W

AllenW

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen Wiener
Robert - It is odd that I just registered on this forum today to inquire about restoration of John Wayne's "The Alamo," but also received today the Collector's Edition DVD of " Vertigo." I watched it tonight and was delighted to see your name at the top of the restoration credits and to see you in the documentary "Obsessed with Vertigo!" You guys did a fantasitc job restoring one of my all-time favorite films and one if the truly great films ever made. It's not hype to call it Hitchcock's masterpiece because it is. Great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks