What's new

Veronica Mars Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Veronica seeing the portraits was so bizarre. It took me awhile to realize where she was and even then it took me a bit to process.
Yeah, I had even noticed Kyle Secor's name in the opening credits but it still took me a minute to put together.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
At least we have this to remember:
htf_imgcache_2055.gif

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Similar to the Save Jericho campaign that just "worked", here's the Save Veronica Mars campaign:
http://www.theindianfoodstore.blogspot.com
http://theindianfoodstore.com/search...yword=mars+bar
Basically, you order the Mars bar and they'll ship it to the studio for free. To cut down on costs, they'll bundle all the bars and send them at one time with a list of people who purchased, etc. Details are at the links provided. I believe from reading this thread this has to happy before June 15th, so they're looking for a big push in orders this weekend so they can get them sent next week before the final decision has to be made.
Again, details at the links above.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ah, well, it had a good run, and I doubt many of the people involved will have to spend much time looking for work.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That'll probably work better than the feature film idea. Why would people pay to watch something they didn't want to watch for free? The best idea would be a direct-to-DVD movie. I may buy the comic, but it just seems like it might slip into teen girl territory a little faster in that format.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It depends what format and what imprint DC uses for the hypothetical comic. If they put it out in the "Minx" line (~150 page graphic novels, slightly larger pages than manga, $10), that might skew toward teen girls; if they try to put it in the standard DC or Wildstorm lines (22 pages of story monthly for $3, pretty much only sold in comic shops)... well, it'll be a disaster; Veronica isn't quite the sort of brand name like The Dark Tower or Buffy that can get new people in the door of regular comic shops.
But, let's not start counting chickens here. Thomas still needs the go-ahead from DC, co-writer(s) (comic fans have ugly experience with what happens when a man trying to manage a weekly series like Miss/Guided try to do a comic series in their spare time), and artists before we have any idea what this thing would be like, which means we probably won't see it in 2007 anyway.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm 18 months late to the party, but I finished VM S3 on DVD last night (and watched S1 & S2 on DVD over the past year or two). I'm befuddled. S3 was erratic with the final episodes feeling like where the season should have begun. And I was stunned and disappointed with a cliffhanger ending to a series finale.
But John Doe, among others, should have inured me to that.
I take it nothing more Veronica Mars ever developed? Any interviews that shed light on the expected direction of the show (aside from the S4 FBI promo)?
I need a proper series closer now to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
There was no cliffhanger. Thomas and company didn't spell it out, but is there really any doubt that Keith Mars lost the election? He sacrificed his career for his daughter's future when he erased those tapes.
As to doing more, the Veronica Mars movie which would be set during her senior year of college has evidently been officially pitched to WB; the executives are mulling over how it works in terms of risk/reward. The comic book hasn't happened, and I don't know if it's still being considered; Thomas has been working steadily in TV, even if it hasn't resulted so much on stuff getting on screen.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Believe me, Dave, your not alone, I was severely disappointed by season 3. :thumbsdown:
The first two seasons were monumentally intelligent, intriguing, mysterious, sexy and they both built to an almost fever pitch because the mystery kept building and building until it all came out in their finales.
They played out like a great mystery novel where the killer isn't revealed until the final pages and we gasp at the shocking revelation..."Oh my God...it was HIM!?!?"
Then we get to season 3, dumbed down, empty and at times downright boring (Logan anyone?). They got rid of one of THE main reasons I loved the first two seasons and that was the ongoing mystery. They opted instead to give us two or three mini-mysteries and it didn't work at all for me.
I don't care what anyone says, season 3 came to a thudding halt when it looked as if it was just getting good which made the end that much more painful. If it had sucked right up until the very end it would have been one thing but for a moment there it appeared that some of season one was creeping back in and then...nothing.
Cruel and unjust finale to one of the smartest slueth shows on television. :thumbsdown:
Yes yes I know that they had to end it because the show was cancelled and they had no option but the simple fact remains that the ending blew.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
The third season was very disorganized and lopsided... with multiple not-very-satisfying mystery arcs crammed into one season (the most satisfying mystery of S3 was the first, IMO - it was all downhill from there). The rest of the mysteries were extremely predictable, which was disappointing for a show which usually keeps me guessing. They started spinning too many plates, and too many crashed to the ground.
It's still good TV, though. I recently started S1 again... what a difference. Although, I think the series got off to a rocky start... the first four episodes throw so much information at the viewer, and are a little formless and disjointed, like the series is still finding its legs. But then about five episodes in, it kicks into high gear.
I always tell new viewers to the show: promise me you'll watch Season 1 through the end of disc 2. If you aren't hooked, you can stop watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks