What's new

Veronica Mars Season 3 (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Many, many thanks, Travis. That was a great start to the season. Can you put that URL in URL tags so it doesn't stretch the page so much?
Season 3 Premiere Question (you're really asking for it if you click this): Did Dick rape Mac's roommate? That would be too easy, wouldn't it?

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I just watched it. I had managed to resist every show that streamed early, but I couldn't manage to resist this!
That was pretty freaking good! It wasn't the most amazing episode they've ever done, but as a season opener to set stuff up, it worked really well. SO glad to see all these characters again! And the dialogue was so snappy! Veronica really felt perfectly Veronica-y again, if that makes sense. And BSG references! Yay! And I am so, so glad that Tina Marjorino is a regular this year. Mac is awesome.
Loved the new credits. Seemed more grownup, but kept the song, which was really all I wanted :)
I think the Hearst rapist is a good tie -in to last season, especially because of what happened to Veronica. And poor Dick! The one character I thought they'd never give...you know... depth. I don't think he raped Mac's roommate because that'd fit too easily. So obviously it's not him.
I still think Logan and Veronica are absolutely adorable together, but did it seem like he was way more into her than she was into him? (The giving her a hotel room key scene was awesome though. Plus a taser!)
I wasn't that crazy about the Keith/Fitzpatrick/killing off Kendall subplot, but maybe it'll go somewhere good.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Veronica got really hot over the summer. Her hair keeps getting longer and longer. Overally, enjoyed the season premiere.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I'll try to keep this vague and devoid of spoilers...
It's nice to see the show make a smooth transition into college. I always felt that Buffy fell apart in its fourth season, in large part because it lost its central metaphor, but also because the writers seemed to've learned about college by watching Animal House and Revenge of the Nerds rather than through first-hand experience. But this felt like it was written by someone who'd encountered dumb-ass TAs, drunks running through the dorm at 1:00AM, rally's in the quad, and teenage skate punks running around campus.
Definitely like the new credits, though the remixed theme song will take some getting used to.
I also see they revamped Logan's suite so it has some windows. Now it looks like an actual hotel room, not a set.
I don't entirely get the Keith storyline, though.
Did Vinnie actually bug the briefcase, or just drop in a pen with his number on it in case Keith changed his mind about teaming up? The video was too small and dark to tell. And if it was a bug, what was the point? No one seems to've been following them.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I'm glad to see that they're finally doing something with Dick. After they added him as a regular last season, it seemed like all he did was be obnoxious and didn't really contribute to the story, except by merely being Big Dick's more beloved son. Now that he's encountered some real tragedy in his life with the revelations about his brother, he's in a similar place to Logan in season 1 and 2.
As for the pen, it looked to me like there was a bug in it. It would afford Vinnie the chance to follow them safely out of sight, and may end up saving Keith.
As for what's actually going on, the briefcase from the end of last season was full of money, and Kendall hired Keith to hide her from Liam Fitzpatrick and so that she could reunite with the other Fitzpatrick brother (sorry, forgot his name) once he got out of jail. Seems she wasn't such a great judge of character, though, and he double-crossed her.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Did the professor's assistant seem familiar to anyone?
that's the same actor playing the former soldier-turned-janitor in season 2, who was eventually shot in the schoolyard, but now with long hair and a beard.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
Nicholas Martin said:
That would be the ironically-named "Lucky." In a very bad wig. But Rob Thomas liked the actor so much he "Deadwooded" him and brought him back as the jerky TA.
Good job. I think I missed some key parts of the MOTW and the Keith/Kendall storyline, so I will have to rewatch it when it airs on the CW before dissecting it in any detail. My eyesight isn't good enough to watch in that tiny window.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Just finished 2. Quite enjoyed it though I felt the show stumbled out of the gate a bit at the beginning with Veronica flip flopping between Duncan and Logan.
Good to hear the transition to college has been handled well.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
Lou Sytsma said:
Just finished 2. Quite enjoyed it though I felt the show stumbled out of the gate a bit at the beginning with Veronica flip flopping between Duncan and Logan.
I thought the S3 premiere was much better than the S2 premiere, especially for newer viewers. The S2 premiere "boyfriend switcheroo" subplot was very confusing for most viewers and I think new viewers would have been totally lost.
I think Rob Thomas learned from his mistake on that one, and kept the S3 premiere simple and straightforward and relatively easy to follow so new viewers were "eased" into Veronica's world. I'm sure there were a few confusing things (i.e., a few references to Dick's brother and what happened there, but with Dick and Mac still around, it had to be mentioned), but a new viewer could still follow most of what was going on.
And Veronica was as "likable" as she's ever been, even though she still managed to piss a few people off here and there. But she wouldn't be Veronica Mars if she didn't. Heh.

David Dennison

Second Unit
Thanks. I see it now on the website. When I was looking there yesterday evening they must have been having website difficulty. Several of the nights were showing the schedule, but Tuesday was blank. Now VM's picture is gracing the main screen.

I caught Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD this summer and am really looking forward to catching Season 3 live (or at least on DVR).

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
David Dennison said:
I caught Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD this summer and am really looking forward to catching Season 3 live (or at least on DVR).
Great! VM needs all the viewers it can get if it's going to make it through the third season. Please tell your friends! (Especially if you know any Nielsen families. ;))

James T

Screenwriter
I guess I got the link a day late. It seems like they instant replied after it went on air.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
In case anyone needs a reminder: The S3 premiere of VM airs tonight. Tuesday, October 3. At 9pm ET/8pm CT. On the new CW!

You might want to check your TiVo/Tifaux to make sure that VM will be recording properly. For most people, VM is airing on a different channel now than it did last year. (I'm one of the lucky ones - my UPN station is now my CW station, so VM is on the same channel for me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks