What's new

Verizon Fios HDTV Equipment (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Since there should be a number of Fios subscribers here at HTF, I have a question regaurding the fios hdtv cable box. I have thought about getting Fios service since I already have Fios telephone and fiber optic internet. For now I am sticking with Direct TV but my neighbor has the same Fios service as I do and they are considering dropping Dish Network and adding Fios TV. There doesn't seem to be any specs on Verizons web site for the motorola cable box they use.

1. Does the Fios box have fiber optic out?

2. Does the Fios box have HDMI and component video?

3. Can you stream programing from your pc via ethernet to your cable box?

My neighbor is concerned that he might have issues not being able to hook up everything with the gear he currently owns.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
1. Yes.

2. Yes and yes although there have been some handshake issues on HDMI with some TVs. They are rare though and get fixed with STB firmware updates from time to time.

3. Not programming. I think YouTube was available at one point, not sure about now. You can stream photos and music if that option is enabled. The client that runs on the PC is not that great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks