What's new

Ventriloquism, haunted doll and puppet movies (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
JOEY -released here as MAKING CONTACT by New World, was the first of blockbuster director Roland Emmerich's films to be shown here. Its a pleasent , ET like movie with an extraordinary doll that comes to life. I don't know if PIN qualifies-but that 1988 thriller still has the power to disturb with its medical dummy come to life-creepy film. SHANKS-although I've yet to see it-has Mime Marcel Marceau with human dummies ASYLUM with its killer mechanical dolls still frewaks me out And for comedy nothing beats the son and his dummy on tv's SOAP -Bob was hilarious.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by MattH.

Oh, there is that masterful episode on Alfred Hitchcock Presents titled "The Glass Eye" in which Jessica Tandy falls in love with a ventriloquist The Great Calody. I think this episode won an Emmy for direction. I just this second remembered it.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents is a classic/vintage series I've been meaning to see on DVD for a while now. "The Glass Eye" was the third season premiere (October 1957).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Jackboots on Whitehall (2010) looks like a decent comedy film with puppets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks