1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Velodyne servo sub?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jonathan T, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Well-Known Member

A memeber over at Head-fi.com commented on this sub saying that is was the tightest and best sounding sub he evar heard. And he also said that he has listened to more subs than you can shake a stick at. Does the servo setup really improve the sound that much? How would it fair against, say, a sealed AV-15 or tempest?

2. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Well-Known Member

Jonathan,

It would strongly depend on the alignment you used the AV15 or Tempest in, but I'd have no reservations in choosing one of them over the Velodyne subs.

3. Josh Wolfman

Josh Wolfman Well-Known Member

I love my servo Velodyne AND I love my SVS.....they do have different sounds, though. The velodyne sounds a little tighter to me but it is in my bedroom (a much smaller room) where the SVS is in my living room (big room and 2 openings into other rooms. Good luck.

4. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Well-Known Member

O, ok. thanks. It's not some crazy sub that is hella tight and plays music better than anything else out there. Thanks.

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Well-Known Member

Just a sub. But I also really like Velodyne servo subs. Minimal distortion and loud but "fast" output. But they aren't cheap, and their quality control sometimes isn't the best.

Other good bets are SVS, Hsu Research, Paradigm Servo 15, the new James sub, or any other sub that is specifically designed for high output with low distortion. *Most* subs actually have very bad distortion problems at low freqs with high output. But most people either can't, or choose not to hear it. [​IMG]

6. Josh Wolfman

Josh Wolfman Well-Known Member

The velodyne I have is crazy tight and fast! It is amazing on music and very good on HT BUT I love it in a smaller room. It won't play as loud as other subs. BTW I would not have anything else in my bedroom.