What's new

VANISHED - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
WOW!! I just watched Monday's episode. Apparently not too many are watching the show but I NEVER saw that ending coming. I cant remember a time that a TV show literallly made my jaw drop. Probably the last was in Alias when It was revealed thet Sidney had been missing two years in the season 2 finale

At first I wondered how Vanished would continue but then in the previews, they showthe guy from Invasion will be taking over the investigation

As much as this show has been panned, I enjoy for a nice hour of entertainment.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I myself have enjoyed every episode and love the twist and turns and yes Monday's episode was indeed a shocker!

Mark Seyb

Agent
Not a shocker if you watched Entertainment Tonight an hour and half before the show started. They had a little interview with the guy. They didn't flat out say what would happen but it wasn't hard to figure out.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
The Gale Harold boards have been buzzing for weeks about the fact he was literally kicked off the show. I didn't know quite how it would happen, but they sure took the most dramatic route. He was my sole reason for watching this and I intended to quit the moment his episodes were over -- but I find myself strangely needing to see Kelton avenged. ;)

FOX is crazy if they think Eddie Cibrian can boost the ratings.

Jeffrey Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
So was Kelton getting killed off originally part of the plan or was it because of bad ratings or something else? I thought he did a pretty good job, and if they were going to kill someone off, I'd rather they killed off his partner. She is so boring on this show that I can't even remember her name!

It was definitely a shocker seeing him get killed, though.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Has Vanished already been cancelled? I saw a promo tonight for Prison Break and Justice is moving to the time slot where Vanished once was.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
No, "Vanished" is not cancelled (yet). Last I heard, it was going to move to Fridays at 8:00 from October 27. "Justice" will get the timeslot following "Prison Break" from 10/23.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I would assume Vanished is just going to finish out the 13 episodes (or whatever Fox ordered originally) and put it on the Friday slot to let it die while not taking away from other programming that might get better ratings.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
helooooooooooo

anybody home?

They took way too long to introduce this da vinci code/alias prophecy storyline. I really hope they can wrap this up in 13 episodes and fox keeps it around long enough to give us a conclusion.

The manuscript/apocalypse thing is pretty interesting.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I've been trying to watch the Vanished episode online, using both FF 2.0 and IE7 on an MSDN version of Windows Vista and no matter what I do, I can't get the player to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I know it didn't work for me with Windows ME, but I was able to get it to work on a machine with Windows XP in Firefox 1.5

Neil

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I booted into XP and it worked fine. Actually it was surprisingly decent quality for a streaming app, but I still prefer to have the file on my computer instead.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, I thought the fact that it was a really great episode made the cancellation more surprising, but its another example of it not mattering how good a show is if nobody watches.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Anyone else watch the last episodes online?

That was the WORST 'ending' for a show that was supposedly told to 'wrap up in 13 episodes' that I have ever seen. If you've been watching this online, and haven't seen the 13th and last episode yet, do yourself the favor of not watching it, or at least not watching it to the end, you'll like the show much better that way.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
So that was how the story was supposed to end even if the show had not been canceled? I just thought the last scenes were thrown in to produce an ending even if it was crappy.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I could have sworn I'd read that after the ratings were so bad, (around the time when it was moved to Fridays) that they were told to rewrite it to have a conclusion after 13 episodes.

Even still, they knew the ratings weren't doing well when they were filming these episodes. I expected some sort of closure about WHY everything happened, as well as a follow-up about the religious documents, the father's involvement, etc. Instead, while the show was already looking like it would be cancelled, they wrote in more mysteries even in the penultimate episode, and then didn't answer one single question.

At least with Reunion last year, they pulled the show, and didn't promise a conclusion by broadcasting it online, as opposed to promising some sort of closure with the last four episodes online, and having absolutely nothing answered anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is that it was obvious all along that Sara was eventually going to get out, so basically, big deal that she's fine. The reason that I kept watching if for the rest of the mysteries surrounding the kidnapping to be solved, and they didn't answer a single one. I would almost equate it to Lost having another two or three episodes and then stopping, leaving every single question asked about the show hanging. In fact, in Vanished's case, its worse, because they had advance notice that the ratings sucked, and that they'd be lucky to make it to a 13th episode.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

do you really believe that? There was a lot more to it, and the show let us all down by not wrapping things up in that 13th episode, especially considering that they were told in advance that they'd be canned.

I can almost see why Fox yanked this and prevented it from being on Fridays..If people actually saw this 13th episode on tv, they would never watch fox again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks