What's new

Van Halen: Here we go again! (tour on again!) (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Shame about the way Michael was treated. I'm getting tired of the false ads on the radio here mentioning the "original Van Halen".

I do have to concede that Wolfgang Van Halen is a pretty cool name, though.

The show I want to see is the original 4 plus Sammy, all on one stage.

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator
I was going to get 3 tickets - but I saw the price of $ 125.00 per ticket :eek: I thought another group gone corporate money hungry
!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

I saw VH twice - Balance Tour w/ Sammy and the Gary Cherone disaster for about 30 bucks
But, I will not pay $ 425.00 friggin' dollars for a concert - :angry: no matter who is playing. That is WAY TOO much.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Guess you don't have any young teenage girls that want to see Hannah Montanna, those frigging tickets make old school rocker concert tickets look like peanuts, how about $2k for 2 tickets!! Thats whats crazy and parents are paying it, WTF!

I just bought 2 face value Rascal Flatts tickets, price $65 ea, by the time tickemaster got finsihed with me, 2 $65 tickets cost me almost $175. So, in some aspect, I dont think its all the performers fault, its corporate greed in america today not far behind your $4 per gallon gas which is coming shortly, I predict around vacation time this year, stand bye.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Ehhh, I wouldn't. Heck, I might pay MORE if they'd keep Sammy off the stage - I can't stand him AT ALL! It'd be nice to have MA with them, though I gotta admit I don't really care. The guy was a pretty mediocre bass player, so I don't think he goes missed in terms of anything but nostalgia. I'm not a longtime fan, though, so my perspective might be different if I'd loved VH for decades. (Or maybe not, since it never bothered me that the Stones went out without Wyman...)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hannah Montana ticket prices have actually led to a number of lawsuits.

Also, she's taped a concert for broadcast in movie theaters around the country next month, so kids can have a better chance to see the show. Nice move. :emoji_thumbsup:

Adam_Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Duncan
It would be nice if they came over to the UK. They haven't been here for 13 years and it's been 23 years since they came over here with Roth.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Well, its been 2 days since the show and here is my review:

One of the Marleys and his band were the opening act and to tell you the truth we walked around the majority of the time they were on but they played for about 45 minutes, FWIW. Now for the good stuff,
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
the guys came out and all seemed to be getting along very well, maybe they figured it all out finally? Anyway, they all seem to be in excellent health, and from what I can tell they were all stone (not stoned!) sober, both Eddie and David Lee both have obviously been hitting the gym because their a little ripped (I heard some young girls sitting in front of me saying this!) The crowd much to my surprise was not a bunch of druggie burnouts from the 70's but very young, almost yuppie-esque, a very hip crowd and there was no Starbucks in this arena :laugh: I was in shock how young most of the crowd was, really! :crazy: The band went on stage at 9pm and went off the first time around 11, after 2 more encores, they took the house down one last time with Jump and music wise it could not have been any better, IMHO. The guitar work by both Eddie and his son were stellar, he can still bring it after all he has been thru and you can tell he truly loves this music (VH's).
His son was a very good fill in for Michael Anthony, although any true VH fan would have missed Michael, I feel sorry for him to miss this tour but I guess thats business? It would have been the ultimate if he would have been there too, even with Wolfgang. But so be it, they still rock after all these years, David worked very hard to make the singing work and it did, everyone one on that stage earned every penny they made that night and they all seemed to love it too. I am not sure what will happen after this tour and to my surprise, the arena in New Orleans where we saw them did NOT sell out, But fwiw, Hannah Montana sold out the same arena in less than 15 minutes we heard, whats up with that?

Long Live VAN HALEN, they still rock. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
If you like them and can go see them, do so, you may never have this chance again, or maybe you will, who knows :laugh:
From a parents stand point, seeing Eddie and his son play was pretty cool, you know they must be very proud of one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks