What's new

Van Halen: Here we go again! (tour on again!) (1 Viewer)

Fred333

Agent
Real Name
Fred
VH has had such a rough ride... I hope they can stick it out for at least the fans sake.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Mike's a cool guy. I'd still probably go to the show, but this does leave a bad taste. I think they must have felt the heat from this, though, because the album covers look normal at the VH official now.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor

This action sounds like a female cutting out an ex-boyfriend from group photos.

Truly pathetic!!!

I sincerely hope that no-one supports this tour. At this point, it seems that all the support (i.e. money) will go towards Eddie's ego.

varybarry

Agent
Real Name
Layla
Yeah I agree.^ I'm a huge fan, but I won't support this tour. I'll just listen to their albums that I already paid for.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

On the Eddie Trunk show, they suggested that maybe this is a royalty thing, that they won't have to pay Mike if his face isn't on the cover. Still, pretty sad.

Personally, I'm probably not going because I'm just not that willing to pay that much to see a concert anymore. I've seen Van Hagar twice, and that's good enough for me.

Jason

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Van Halen posted a rehearsal video on you tube then forwarded it to their "friends" on myspace which I am and got the link to the video.

Enjoy. pretty awesome! IMHO

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I watched some of those rehersal videos, and I definitely won't go to that show. There is just something about not having Michael Anthony on stage that takes away from the overall enjoyment. I just find Wolfgang to be more of a distraction (just standing around in one spot).

Is it me, or should Wolfgang have joined his mother with Jenny Craig.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

You're distracted by someone who doesn't move a lot? :confused:

And Wolf doesn't just stand in one spot - he bops from spot to spot a bit. I don't get the anti-Wolf sentiment. He handles the bass parts fine - though a semi-trained chimp could cover MA's work - and it's really charming to see him interact with Eddie. Eddie's clearly so happy to have the kid there that it adds a fun element to the show that wouldn't exist otherwise.

I will admit it's weird to see a band of three older guys and a teen - and the teen's easily in the worst shape of the bunch. Eddie and Dave are really pretty buff!

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd

Anyone seen them in concert yet? We should be hopefully no knock downs yet...maybe they will complete the entire tour...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I saw them last month in Philly - pretty good show. Eddie's been going off a little at his guitar tech, apparently, but otherwise things seem to be amicable - on stage, at least.

Interesting to see that there's a rescheduled Kansas City show set for March 2008. I'd bet on more shows elsewhere as well in the spring...

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
It was actually the St. Louis show that got rescheduled for next Spring. I was at the Kansas City show and it was phenomenal. They played for two hours straight with hardly a break. Dave's pipes aren't quite what they were 20 years ago, but he did really well and you could tell he was trying hard to hit and maintain the high notes. Eddie, Alex, and Wolf were awesome. Eddie's mega-guitar solo was second to last on the set list, so he was pretty much wiped out by the time it came around, but even then he still blew the crowd away.

My ticket was $100 after Ticketmaster fees, I paid about $40 in gas, probably $20 on concessions, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Match your expectations with the age of the band members and you will come away a very happy camper. As for the band itself, they seemed to get along quite well. With all the lamenting about Michael Anthony not being there, one of the best parts of the show was seeing Wolf and Eddie playing together and clearly having a great time doing it (plus I think Wolfgang provides a much bigger incentive for Eddie to stay sober on the road than Anthony does).

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine saw the show sat in NJ and loved it.

"though a semi-trained chimp could cover MA's work"

:laugh:

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Tickets go on sale here tommorrow for our Feb 08 show, hope the scalpers dont get them all...

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
UPDATE: after sitting at my pc waiting for the 10am ticket launch thur ticketmaster.com I looked for tickets (we have a group going so we needed 6 tics) for almost 20 minutes and they were getting worse and worse and more in price too!!?? So, I went into my browser (IE7) and cleared my browsing history, went back to the site and immediately found great seats cheaper than before, whats up with that? Some sort of anti scalper move by ticketmaster for people who research the site for better tickets? Anyway, it worked out for the best.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
could be, i have fond that if i refresh a bunch near the time the tix go on sale it will lock you out for a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks