What's new

V - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
On the Vee skin thing. I had wondered why stripping it off would kill them too earlier and then I thought, perhaps it is like a space suit, in that it provides them with life support. So I agree with you Adam. And the intermingling of the human skin to the Vee's could be their undoing. Similar to a few stories on Star Trek, the emotional-less aliens take on human form and then start to experience emotion and we poor humans whip them in a fair fight.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I finally caught up on the show, and Tony J is just spot freakin' on with the critiques (and very LOL to boot).

Anna searching for the human soul? For reals?

Looks like it's time to tune out of this nonsense.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Tony, Enjoy your extreme comments, but could you keep the cursing out of it? Thanks. I should have quit watching last season. But now, in for a penny... And, I think the show us better now than it had been. I appreciate that's not saying much, but we're chasing the soul (I hope they find it), we've got a crazy mom locked up it the cellar, Vs are getting skinned, Tyler's missing 80% of his DNA, and Lisa is getting more screentime. :) Sure, Id gladly trade in V and No Ordinary Family for a second season of Journeyman, but you watch the shows you got. :)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Parts of this show remind me of Macross.

Yep, the anime series, Robotech here in the States. Only instead of searching for the human soul, it was culture/love they wanted to get a grasp of.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Please cancel this show and give the actors paid vacations. Something good like that has to come out of this series.

DVD S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Sarff
Sure this show is a bunch of ridiculous nonsense and poor writing,

but I'd still rather watch this schlock than yet another Grey's Anatomy

medical show(..in the wilderness or wherever), or a Chicago 6-0, or

whatever the inevitable doctor-cop-law show they will fill the schedule

at abc with. I can't say that I agree with the whole 'find the human soul'

plotline...I guess that it was the only idea they could come up with.

I guess I find it mildly entertaining/interesting but this show will run it's

course soon enough, without a doubt!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Due to the magic of DVRs, I can watch any show at any time. So V can't coast on being the best option in its timeslot -- it has to be better than the last show on my list of things to watch that I have the time for. And this is where the show has now gone completely off the rails for me.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
You need a bigger HDD ;) I definitely get what you're saying. I have every episode of Brothers & Sisters recorded but I find myself watching Parenthood now and haven't watched one episode of Brothers & Sisters yet this season. Luckily, with

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I have 6tb, so that's not the issue. I still have to find the time to watch all of it. And that's where V has failed -- it's no longer worth my time.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Funny, I have stopped watching Brothers and Sisters and started watching Parenthood which is much better.

As for "V", I started watching this year because I heard Diana was going to be on. So far, she is the best part of the show. Everyone else seems like they are trying to make the best of poor scripts but even the Good actors on this, seem wooden.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mikel_Cooperman

Everyone else seems like they are trying to make the best of poor scripts but even the Good actors on this, seem wooden.

I think a number of the actors (like Elizabeth Mitchell, Morris Chestnut and Charles Mesure) are coming off as good as they possibly can given the material that they have to work with.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Originally Posted by TravisR

Everyone else seems like they are trying to make the best of poor scripts but even the Good actors on this, seem wooden.

I think a number of the actors (like Elizabeth Mitchell, Morris Chestnut and Charles Mesure) are coming off as good as they possibly can given the material that they have to work with.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Loved Elizabeth Mitchell on Lost and enjoyed Joel Gretch on 4400 but neither seem bland with this script writing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The State of the Union address pre-empted the airing of new episodes of shows on Fox, NBC, ABC, and CBS this past Tuesday.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

As someone who was pretty critical of the first season, I have to say that I enjoyed the premiere.
I haven't watched all of this week's episode, but I must say that season 2 is quite an improvement over season 1 so far.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I'm astounded by the craptacular green screen effects in and around the Vatican. Hey ABC, you do realize that this is a modern, professional network show and not the BBC circa 1978, right? I see better effects in the Star Wars fan films people bang out on their home PCs!

Speaking of the Vatican, there's an undercover alien there all this time - but he's still wearing the Triforce Ring out of loyalty to his old queen? He cant be even bothered to take it off and hide it when the current queen swings by for a visit?

And then we have our Heroes in the Basement, who up to this point have not gone and done a blessed thing. All they do is stand around and talk and scheme - so the ONE time they take a pro-active stand, it's against another batch of Humans actually taking the fight to the visitors, to try and stop them?

Oh, but wait - they have a entire alien corpse in their meat locker. What are they going to do with it? Perhaps unmask it and broadcast the footage on youtube? Let people know once and for all what the face of the aliens is? I mean there was a huge subplot in the original where La Resistance unmasked John on live TV - and that was the eighties where media was not so ubiquitous. Oh, wait. They just decide to destroy the body instead.

So Jane takes a huge chunk of flesh out of Alien Priest's neck, killing him. Um, wasn't it not but just two weeks ago that we found out that the Aliens have a cure for death? And that doctor guy getting shot cant be any worse that the neck wound. I'm sorry, you wanted consistency?

Astounding, this episode wasn't all that bad - well compared to the episodes that had come before this point. I wouldn't go so far as to call it "Good" or even "Competent", but at least it wasn't the hot diarrhea sundae that we had been forced to eat up to this point. I guess we have Rockne O'Bannon to thank for that.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"Our gifts to the people of Earth--pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers, blue diamonds, and purple horseshoes--merely products of highly-advanced science, but also viewed as miracles by many."

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So does the lack of response to the thread for this weeks episode mean that nobody cares about it anymore? Surely I couldn't have summed up all your thoughts in my one rant, could I? Or did nobody but a small handful of us actually watch it?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Tony J Case

So does the lack of response to the thread for this weeks episode mean that nobody cares about it anymore? Surely I couldn't have summed up all your thoughts in my one rant, could I? Or did nobody but a small handful of us actually watch it?

I stopped watching before the end of season 1. Took it off the TiVo, and had no interest in watching season 2. But, after reading about some of the changes, and the addition of Jane Baddler, i watched. This show sucks, as much as i like the cast, the show moves at a snails pace, and the plot holes! The 80s TV series was much better, and that was not very good, even in the 80s.

Took it off the TiVo again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks