What's new

V - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I liked the intensity a lot more tonight. This show seems to be building, and I like the fact that it seems to really advance the plot rather then drag stuff out. The rise of the Fifth Column has happened fairly quickly, and we now have some clear lines for good-bad. Good stuff.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
It's getting better, but I'm definitely watching this show more for it's potential for greatness rather than any current greatness right now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joe_H

It's getting better, but I'm definitely watching this show more for it's potential for greatness rather than any current greatness right now.

I think that's all that's being asked of us; as Matt said, you can feel the show building toward something. One of the joys of seeing this concept play out as a series from the get-go is that we get to see the progression from welcomed visitors to dreaded enemies in seemingly real time. Most of the surprises of the mini-series were revealed in the pilot, but the mini-series went from arrival to global domination in less than four hours. This time, we know enough to see how ominous each new incremental step really is. Instead of the Fifth Column being revealed, we get to see it rebuilt from the ground up. The slow dread of seeing how the Visitors' rise seems... inevitable while what there is of a resistence proves to be so scattered and desperate is one of the chief pleasures of the show for me. Like the best horrors, you can see the steam engine coming, but there's no way to get off of the tracks.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
This show is doomed!! I've seen every show so far, but next week is the last show of the year! By that time, the majority of viewers will have forgotten all about the show. ABC is making a big mistake doing this, in my opinion. People are watching it now--I know the holidays are almost here, but what does ABC have to show every Tuesday until then?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I'm with the kid, I'd have a problem resisting Anna's daughter too. She looks great in her human suit.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The 3rd episode actually flew by, so that's a good sign. So I guess we've seen the last of Erica's partner? The Vesistance is coming together rather well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MarkMel

I'm with the kid, I'd have a problem resisting Anna's daughter too. She looks great in her human suit.
Does it make me a bigot for thinking that the kid is creepy for wanting to have sex with an (admittedly very hot) alien? Maybe I'm just afraid of 'outer space VD' but I'd be waiting a long time to see if there was any potential side effects before having sex with the V.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking that the ABC voice-over during the end about scenes to the next and last for 2009 episode of V would be lost on the casual viewer. They may think, "Is this the last episode? It's over?"

I thought Erica was so lucky to have a resistance person dealing with her ex-partner. Or it was so convenient a device for the writers to help explain a certain facet of the V's. But it was a good surprise when the doc injected her partner and I guess he dead now.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

Does it make me a bigot for thinking that the kid is creepy for wanting to have sex with an (admittedly very hot) alien? Maybe I'm just afraid of 'outer space VD' but I'd be waiting a long time to see if there was any potential side effects before having sex with the V.
Ha, if he knew what she looked like under her human skin maybe?

And how come no one has asked them about other planets that have life on them?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by MarkMel

And how come no one has asked them about other planets that have life on them?
Well they mentioned during the big speech about not finding any other intelligent life, but I think that's all that's been said about it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quote:Originally Posted by Joe_H /forum/thread/277398/v/90#post_3629734

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
3 and out. It's not terrible, but it isn't very engaging either. And they show a 3 minute commercial break every 10 minutes. I've never seen so many commercials.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

I think that's all that's being asked of us; as Matt said, you can feel the show building toward something.
The problem with it is that most shows at least give flashes of brilliance early on to help keep the attention and reaffirm that it's building towards something good, and in my opinion this hasn't had it. I haven't seen anything yet that validates that it'll actually be building to something satisfactory, just hope that they can make the most out of the concept, which does have a lot of potential. As I mentioned, the potential to be good is there, but there's also a large possibility that it's just going to be mediocre. If I had any other shows on Tuesday nights, I don't think I'd bother with this at all.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I also wonder if the Visitors operate like an insect hive, with Anna as the queen and Lisa as the future queen. From the conversation in the restaurant kitchen between Nichols and the traitor, it sounds like they're all drones plugged into some sort of web, and you suffer withdrawl if you get disconnected. Some, like Nichols, overcome the withdrawl and value their independence. Others, like the traitor, are apparently never able to overcome their cravings.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
No one watching?

I knew that girl was going to be pregnant! So I guess this is their twist? I forgot what happened in the miniseries. But I recall there was a lizard baby there.

I hope Erica gets a handle on her son, he's getting deeper! And I wondered what happened to the traitor, how is skinning him punishment? He's killed, or does he lose his human skin?

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

... And I wondered what happened to the traitor, how is skinning him punishment? He's killed, or does he lose his human skin?

I was thinking the same thing. I imagine that in the larger inner part of the ship the minions are in their natural state. If the human overlay has no nerve endings the scream would indicate that lizard skin was being violated.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
That last shot was pretty darn cool.

Was the Visitor resistance called "The Fifth Column" in the original?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks