What's new

V for Vendetta is spectacular (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Great review Ron....I grinned while reading it...and shared with you your enthusiasm. Always cool when you can "feel" someone elses joy about a film. :) Very cool.

I watched my copy last night and agree with those on the transfer. Glorious detail and just downright spectacular. Audio is equally thrilling.

This is my 3rd time to see V and each time I gain something from it. One of the years best for sure.

Warner has put out some of the finest HD-DVDs on the planet. :)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I whole heartedly agree with your accounting of the quality of the film. Other then the superb video quality, the first thing that struck me (over the SD release) was the clarity and uniformity of the vocals on the HD version. The long dialogue sessions in the movie seemed to drift and garble in the SD version, but on the HD version, no such problem. The vocals never got drowned out by the background.

This is absolutely a stunning HD presentation. Here's hoping we see many more releases given this level of care by the studios. Kudu’s to Warner, who seem to be the only studio consistently taking the care the Hi-Def releases deserve. And thankfully, the releases are available in both formats. It would be a shame if either the BD or HD-DVD camp would miss out on their releases

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

Heh, I don't have an HD optical player yet, but this title is pushing me toward HD-DVD...and that was before I read the above. :) I don't want to grab the SD...I'll wait 'till I'm all set up for this one, TrueHD and all.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I got an HD add on for the 360. I got V for vendetta. it was the first HD movie that I bought, not including king kong that came with the add on.

I must say I was more impressed with the picture on v for vendetta then say king kong.
I like how you can do the interactive extras on HD.. when you are watching the movie, not at the main menu.
since V for vendetta is still my number 1 movie.. I figure I would get it on HD. I am intersted in other titles.

Jacob

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
And to think I just came upon a copy of this very HD-DVD when I was out and about this afternoon.

As soon as my TOSHIBA firmware upgrade disc arrives in the mail, I shall feed that to my HD-A1 and check this one out upon upgrade completion. :)

Bryant Trew

Second Unit
I just popped in my SD copy to compare to the HD copy. To be perfectly honest, this is not a system seller. Most people would have a hard time telling what improvements HD is making, and would likely be turned off. Play both discs and see for yourself. 60" screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks