What's new

V for Vendetta: August 1, 2006! single and 2 disc set! (1 Viewer)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I totally missed this film, I didn't even know it existed until it was out of theaters. But I watched a couple of trailers and it looks awesome. I'm for sure picking this one up.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I like the Two-disc artwork. Can anyone confirm if it's from the graphic novel?

Ryan

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

To add a bit of balance to the thread, I have to give the film a big thumbs down. Easily the worst film of the year for me, one of the worst films I have seen in many years. And I liked the first MATRIX film and was really looking forward to it.

Not to start any trouble or anything, I'm glad others liked it, but just may want to say it isn't for everyone.

I found the performances, especially that of V, to be downright hysterical, and it wasn't a comedy. And the finale is so wrongheaded, I can't believe they got away with it. It was an offensive film on many levels.

I pretty much loathed the film.

Again, not trying start anything, just suggesting for those on the fence about blind buying it, it may not be something you want to run out and buy. Among major critics, the reaction was very mixed as well.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I liked the film a lot, it's one of my favorite films of the year. However, I read the book, and knew what I was getting into. Quite simply, V is a terrorist, and a kidnapper. You learn his point of view throughout the movie, and you can appreciate it. But if you're offended by fictional terrorist actions against a fictional totalitarian government, you'll probably be offended in parts by the movie.

I plan on buying the two-disc dvd on release date. I've already got the teaser poster and the V mask :)

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
As someone who loved the film, I just wanted to say that I understand why someone might respond the way Jon did. It's a difficult movie in many ways, but I thought it was well made and thought provoking. It's also based on source material 20+ years old, yet feels like it was written specifically for today.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I agree, and I'd add that the reason for this is because the movie (and the book) are based on universal themes that are true in any age. Obviously, one might see more relevance now, depending on your political point of view. I think that current events might have had something to do with why the movie was produced when it was produced. YMMV.

Either way: Great flick, Ron. We wouldn't steer you wrong. : )

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Best Buy, Circuit City and Target will each be offering promotions on the single disc and/or 2-disc versions when it arrives next week:

BEST BUY:
V For Vendetta - $14.99
V For Vendetta: Special Edition (2 Disc) - $22.99
V For Vendetta: Best Buy Exclusive Special Edition (includes 2-Disc Special Edition, 4 posters & collectible Guy Fawkes mask [pictured below]) - $34.99

CIRCUIT CITY
V For Vendetta (CC exclusive: free V For Vendetta lithograph with purchase; while supplies last. Minimum 20 per store) - $13.99

TARGET
V For Vendetta - $16.99
V For Vendetta Deluxe Edition (Target exclusives include original comic book and lenticular cover) - $22.99

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I cann't wait.

its still my number 1 movie of the year so far.. which is surprising since this summer has mostly sucked.

Jacob

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So the question now becomes which 2 disc version to get?

Do I spring for the comic and cover from Target or the mask and posters from BB?

Choices, choices. :)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
This is next great underground cult movie. Totaly awesome.

Seth=L

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if I should order the set with the mask from the States, or get the free comic book from Best Buy up here......suggestions?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Well, I already have the V for Vendetta trade paperback and as cool as the mask is, I'd rather not spend the money, so just the 2-disc set for me.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I was in Ron's situation having missed it in cinemas. I picked this up last week and both myself and my wife enjoyed it. It is what I consider to be a film of importance.... similar to how the movie Crash was important.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

craig even if jacob changes his post you have his spoilers quoted in your post.

anyway that bestbuy mask looks like what i'll pick up.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
The Best Buy here in Canada is offering a 64 page comic book instead. However, I have no details if this comic book is the full V for Vendetta story or just a few chapters.

Amazon.com says the graphic novel is 288 pages. So - what the heck is in this comic book? No mention is made at www.bestbuy.ca how much of the story is there. They suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks