1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

V.E.G. Hollywood Gold Series (Australia)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by NBN Thornhill, Apr 19, 2012.

1. NBN Thornhill

NBN Thornhill Auditioning

I'm one of the losers who just paid out good $$$ for the Hollywood Gold Series "The Visit".
    Loser? Why?
    I'm a 'Scope obsessive and I expect every reputable company to release films on DVD in their original cinema format.
    Of course I read the small print: "The Visit", we are told, is in "Full frame. Original ratio"(!?)
    What the hell does that mean? You can't have it both ways, guys...
    Oh, well, I suppose you can when you have the credits (including "a CinemaScopE picture")
    in the the original/proper 2.35:1 ratio and the rest of the film centre-cut/full frame.
    Shame on you, shame.
    Anyone want an unwatched/unwatchable copy of "The Visit"? I'm givin' it away.
    Thornhill.

2. Chuck Pennington

Chuck Pennington Supporting Actor

Here's the version of THE VISIT that I have. Full 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with no PAL speed-up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. DeWilson

DeWilson Screenwriter

Denny
    NICE!

4. Thomas T

Thomas T Screenwriter

"Full frame, original ratio" might possibly mean 4x3 wide screen but not anamorphic.
    I stand to be corrected but since The Visit is not (legally) available in region one, I assume Chuck made his PAL free transfer off a TV or cable showing.
    I have the German DVD of The Visit which is anamorphic 2.35. The Spanish DVD of The Visit goes to P&S right after the Scope titles.

5. Chuck Pennington

Chuck Pennington Supporting Actor

You are incorrect - I did not get mine off of cable or any kind of TV airing.
    I had the German 2.35:1 anamorphic PAL disc and then removed the PAL speed-up.