What's new

V.E.G. Hollywood Gold Series (Australia) (1 Viewer)

NBN Thornhill

Auditioning
Real Name
ROThornhill
I'm one of the losers who just paid out good $$$ for the Hollywood Gold Series "The Visit".
Loser? Why?
I'm a 'Scope obsessive and I expect every reputable company to release films on DVD in their original cinema format.
Of course I read the small print: "The Visit", we are told, is in "Full frame. Original ratio"(!?)
What the hell does that mean? You can't have it both ways, guys...
Oh, well, I suppose you can when you have the credits (including "a CinemaScopE picture")
in the the original/proper 2.35:1 ratio and the rest of the film centre-cut/full frame.
Shame on you, shame.
Anyone want an unwatched/unwatchable copy of "The Visit"? I'm givin' it away.
Thornhill.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
Here's the version of THE VISIT that I have. Full 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with no PAL speed-up.
664a8904_VISIT00001.jpeg

343d5472_VISIT00002.jpeg

6c26b469_VISIT00003.jpeg

ffb50d89_VISIT00004.jpeg

ae63fd86_VISIT00005.jpeg

15fd0e3f_VISIT00006.jpeg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
"Full frame, original ratio" might possibly mean 4x3 wide screen but not anamorphic.
I stand to be corrected but since The Visit is not (legally) available in region one, I assume Chuck made his PAL free transfer off a TV or cable showing.
I have the German DVD of The Visit which is anamorphic 2.35. The Spanish DVD of The Visit goes to P&S right after the Scope titles.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
Thomas T said:
"Full frame, original ratio" might possibly mean 4x3 wide screen but not anamorphic.
I stand to be corrected but since The Visit is not (legally) available in region one, I assume Chuck made his PAL free transfer off a TV or cable showing.
I have the German DVD of The Visit which is anamorphic 2.35. The Spanish DVD of The Visit goes to P&S right after the Scope titles.
You are incorrect - I did not get mine off of cable or any kind of TV airing.
I had the German 2.35:1 anamorphic PAL disc and then removed the PAL speed-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks