1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Using the internet to find someone...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chuck Mayer, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Well-Known Member

Chuck Mayer
    Without paying $$$. I am not trying to axe-murder anyone, nor trying to "score" with an old high school flame (though the ads I am assaulted with presume that motivation). Classmates has the person listed, but I refuse to pay $15 for them to send an e-mail for me. I know the name. The college she graduated from, her married name, even her major!?! I even read some articles she wrote at college. But I just want an e-mail address.

Any ideas? Again, I am cheap. So very cheap. I cannot be the only one. Sadly, the name is fairly generic, moreso with the married surname.

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. Chauncey

Chauncey Well-Known Member

Try Zabasearch, they don't have email addresses, but you might get a phone number and a street address.

Good Luck,

Chauncey

3. andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy Well-Known Member

I'd try Googling - you'd be surprised how quickly you can narrow down the field. I was able to find a couple of ex-fellow pupils this way in about twenty minutes.

I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs, but be warned that what you find may not be quite what you expect. E.g. a friend of mine from work caught up with an an old schoolfriend of hers. The friend had been this mousy church-going little creature. She turned up to the meeting in a Merc sports dressed up to the nines. During the course of the meeting it became clear how she'd earnt her money - suffice to say that she left the meeting early because a 'client' wanted her. [​IMG] I'm not saying for a moment that this will apply to your friend, but don't expect things to be exactly as anticipated.

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino

If she's a fairly recent gradaute and said articles were published in some kind of semi-professional publication you might try writing her in care of the magazine and providing your e-mail address. Chances are they'll forward the mail and she'll have the option of replying or not. Or write her care of the Alumni office and see if they'll do the same. (Heck, some college alumni offices publish regular registries of graduating classes with whatever information the individuals opt to have provided - physical addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail, etc.) Some even post the stuff on the alumni section of their websites.

Regards,

Joe