What's new

USHE Press Release: Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray) includes Creature (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by ahollis /t/321849/ushe-press-release-universal-classic-monsters-the-essential-collection-blu-ray-includes-creature-in-3d#post_3943111
HOT DAMN!

Guess we know who's in the market for new hardware now!

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by JoHud /t/321849/ushe-press-release-universal-classic-monsters-the-essential-collection-blu-ray-includes-creature-in-3d#post_3943029
And will the Spanish cut be in HD? After what happened with All Quiet on the Western Front's silent version, I doubt it.

The Spanish Dracula was listed as one of the titles getting a full restoration for the Universal 100th here, so there's no reason it wouldn't be HD. The silent All Quiet was considered more a curious alternate version to the main film, while the Spanish Dracula is considered it's own unique film.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Chas in CT /t/321849/ushe-press-release-universal-classic-monsters-the-essential-collection-blu-ray-includes-creature-in-3d#post_3943115

Guess we know who's in the market for new hardware now!
Already, looking at customer reviews of equipment and going through the HTF threads in the equipment section. LOL

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I would highly recommend getting some recommendations from Greg Kintz, Technical Director for the 3-D Film Archive.
Greg advised me on the right television for 3-D and I couldn't be happier.
Bob

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It looks like the only new bonus feature is Dracula, The Restoration. I do prefer the sequals, shallow person that I am, I hope they go down the road of the Frankenstein Box, Mummy Box ect. like they did with the DVD's.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I hate to buy an entire box set for Creature of the Black Lagoon 3D, but in this case I will...also for Spanish Dracula.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill /t/321849/ushe-press-release-universal-classic-monsters-the-essential-collection-blu-ray-includes-creature-in-3d#post_3943132
I hate to buy an entire box set for Creature of the Black Lagoon 3D, but in this case I will...also for Spanish Dracula.

For me the only stinker in the set is "Phantom Of The Opera". It's a bit of a snooze. The rest though are all great in their own ways. I can understand not wanting to triple dip though if you already own them or not that hot on them. I'm sure eventually there will be a Creature single release for the 3D just to grease more sales from that market.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
Bob Furmanek said:
I would highly recommend getting some recommendations from Greg Kintz, Technical Director for the 3-D Film Archive.
Greg advised me on the right television for 3-D and I couldn't be happier.
Thanks, Bob.
How does one go about earning the favor of Greg's recommendations?

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Since Frankenstein, Wolf Man, and Dracula ended up together in later sequels, and knowing the films are not all that long, I would suggest double bills per disc to finish off this series, and they would fit nicely in a 4 disc set.
Dracula's Daughter
Son of Dracula
Son of Frankenstein
The Ghost of Frankenstein
The Wolf Man
Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man
House of Frankenstein
House of Dracula
There, a simple four disc set.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by John Morgan /t/321849/ushe-press-release-universal-classic-monsters-the-essential-collection-blu-ray-includes-creature-in-3d/30#post_3943167
Since Frankenstein, Wolf Man, and Dracula ended up together in later sequels, and knowing the films are not all that long, I would suggest double bills per disc to finish off this series, and they would fit nicely in a 4 disc set.
Dracula's Daughter
Son of Dracula
Son of Frankenstein
The Ghost of Frankenstein
The Wolf Man
Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man
House of Frankenstein
House of Dracula

There, a simple four disc set.

Agreed. they could probably squeeze 3 on a disc and still have them looking great. None of these really have any extras other than trailers to port over I don't think. Be nice to get "Werewolf Of London", and the Invisible Man films. And those clunky Mummy ones too I guess.... I'm sure Karas has his fans... ;) A second 8 disc set would be fine with me, could put in things like "Murders In the Rue Mourge", "The Black Cat" and some other gems. I think those were Uni as well, there's been so many ancillary sets out I'm confused! :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Russell G /t/321849/ushe-press-release-universal-classic-monsters-the-essential-collection-blu-ray-includes-creature-in-3d#post_3943020

Also, that "Universal Monsters" doc narrated by Branagh is missing.
I don't know what this idiot was thinking, but it looks like it is included. On the Frankenstein disc. It's called "Universal Horror" and is right there on the listing for Frankenstein on the first page!

How about learning to read you damned FOOL! Cripes already!!! Members like you spreading false information and rumour MAKE ME SICK!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Russell G said:
I don't know what this idiot was thinking, but it looks like it is included. On the Frankenstein disc. It's called "Universal Horror" and is right there on the listing for Frankenstein on the first page!
How about learning to read you damned FOOL! Cripes already!!! Members like you spreading false information and rumour MAKE ME SICK!
:blush:
I'd lay off the coffee & have a nice cup of calming camomile tea. :laugh:

GregK

Screenwriter
Hi Doctorossi,
Were you considering a projection type of display, or going flat panel?
I'll have a few more questions on your personal viewing preferences before being able to give a 3-D display recommendation that works best for you. If you want, feel free to send me a PM, and we can go from there.
- Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks