1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

USHE Press Release: Babe: Pig In The City (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Mar 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]
    Promotion: May 2013 New to Blu-ray Headline Date: TBA
    Release Date: 5/7/2013 BABE: PIG IN THE CITY Product Source: Theatrical
    Theatrical Studio: Universal
    Theatrical Release: 11/25/1998 Synopsis: “Even more imaginative than the original” (The Washington Post), Academy Award® winning Babe, Babe: Pig in the City takes the three musketeers Babe, Ferdy and Mrs. Hoggett on a crusade into the midst of a large city where despite incredible obstacles, they are able to turn enemies into friends, raise enough money to save the farm and combine the two worlds into one. Once again, it is Babe’s kind and steady heart that achieves miracles in this fun-filled fantasy tale the whole family will enjoy. Blu-ray Widescreen 15th Anniversary(61125534) : Disc 1 (Side A): Theatrical
    Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-21767-6-0 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 5/7/2013 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 36 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    French Canadian DTS Digital Surround 5.1
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Spanish
    Edition: 15th Anniversary Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: G CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • My Scenes
    DVD Widescreen / Full Frame (61020527) : Disc 1 (Side A)
    Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20527-2-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 1/9/2007 PreOrder Date: 12/5/2006 Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 36 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
    French Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen / Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: G CARA Rating: [deleted]N/A Bonus Features: • Production Notes
    • Cast and Filmmakers
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Screen Saver

2. ajabrams

ajabrams Well-Known Member

Alan Abrams
    Great!! I always thought this film was grossly underrated-some people found it too dark but I think it's brilliant. Very happy to see it's arriving on BD!!

3. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    Nice! "Grossly" is putting it mildly -- this is one of the most underrated films of all time. It's way more sophisticated than people expected. I believe this was the last #1 film of the year pick for Gene Siskel (1998). Kind of sucks that there are no extras (and that they've stuffed a "full frame" version on the DVD) though.

4. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a longer director's cut that George Miller had to pare down? I too am bummed there are no extras.

5. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Well-Known Member

I wanted to call it: "Pig: Babe in the City."

6. JonZ

JonZ Well-Known Member

Must have.