What's new

USHE Announcement: Darkman (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Promotion: Darkman Blu-ray Release
Headline Date: TBA
Release Date: 6/15/2010 DARKMAN Product Source: Theatrical
Theatrical Studio: Universal
Theatrical Release: 8/17/1990Synopsis: Liam Neeson and Frances McDormand star in this explosive, action-packed thriller from director Sam Raimi (Spider-Man). Dr. Peyton Westlake (Neeson) is on the verge of realizing a major breakthrough in synthetic skin when his laboratory is destroyed by gangsters. Having been burned beyond recognition and forever altered by an experimental medical procedure, Westlake becomes known as Darkman, assuming alternate identities in his quest for revenge and a new life with a former love (McDormand). Blu-ray Widescreen (61112448) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-20499-8-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/15/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 36 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-25 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio:English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&WCOLOR Rating: R CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • My Scenes

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
This is as barebones as the HD DVD (which was one of my 5 free) and will likely be a port of that transfer with a bump up to DTS-HD MA. I'll pass until my HD-A30 craps out.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Stephen_J_H

This is as barebones as the HD DVD (which was one of my 5 free) and will likely be a port of that transfer with a bump up to DTS-HD MA. I'll pass until my HD-A30 craps out.

If this is indeed a BD-25 as listed, then it's even worse. The HD DVD was a 30G disc. Following the usual Uni practice with these ports, to make room for the lossless track and fit the whole thing on less digital real estate, image detail will have to be sacrificed.

But I'm sure the lossless fanatics will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks