What's new

USHE Announcement: Battlestar Galactica (2004) The Complete Series Box Set (REPACKAGED)(Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Would it be wise for me to drop my order with Amazon USA

and go with Amazon Canada?

Same set I presume...yes? Not sure how much shipping
costs will make up for the price of the set.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ The sets have the same ASIN; I have never been misled by that re amazon purchasing. Do an incomplete checkout at amazon.ca to check shipping. You can bet the CDN$ will still be worth less than the US$ in a month, so you gain a bit there, but your CC will charge a currency exchange percentage that will negate much of that gap. I wouldn't move if the diff was small, amazon.com tends to ship faster too IME.

It is rare that amazon.ca charges less than amazon.com for BD these days, but it does happen occasionally, though for this product it's a big surprise to me. I am guessing amazon.com may yet drop their price to $150, which I presume their pre-order guarantee would cover. I would more likely bet amazon.ca bumps their price up pretty soon.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just went on Amazon Canada to order a $20 Blu-ray to
ship to a friend in that Country. The $20 Blu-ray turned out
to cost $30 by the time I was done with shipping, taxes and
two additional Canadian and.or Exchange surcharges.

Being that I have Amazon Prime here in the U.S. I don't
think there is going to be a huge difference in cost between
the U.S. site and the Canadian site when you consider all
the extra shipping and surcharges being added on the CN side.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Now you know how I feel most of the time, since I mostly order from amazon.com. I get all those charges going the other way...amazon.co.uk is mostly free of them for me, or at least much lower.

The benefit would be for those who didn't get the BSG set at the previous $177/$185 price. Shipping the set is actually quite cheap to the U.S. as it only counts as one BD.

Edit: should this thread be moved to the TV forum? I originally was looking for it there this AM, until I remembered it probably started before the forums got rearranged.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks