1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

USHE Announcement: Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Sadsack

Sadsack Active Member

you're right!! Either I missed it when I was scrolling thru the audio tracks, or forgot it was there and later read the back of the box which only shows English 2.0. I've corrected my post.
    The original poster was referring to "Vertigo." I dont think there is a stand-alone blu of "Vertigo."

2. albert_m2

albert_m2 Well-Known Member

Albert
    I spent a lot of time and money collecting Hitchcock on dvd starting back in the late 90s. I finally got a blu ray player late last year and have been debating on how much I want upgrade. I saw that this collection has discs that slide, rather that sit which is annoying, but I'm sure deals can be had on this collection (especially around the holidays again), but I have debated getting the Essentials collection which I can get for like $23 with tax and then get single discs for the others, but they aren't bargains really and would take up more space... I wouldn't buy all of the individual titles, but would get most of them, so that pushes back towards to the Masterpiece set....

So a year out, are most of you happy with the set or would you have a gone a different route?

3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I bought the UK set (region free) for much less money than the US set cost. It didn't have North by Northwest (which I already had anyway), but apart from the lack of quality transfers for all the films, I am simply delighted with the package. It takes up very little room for so many movies, and I have no regrets whatsoever.

4. JoHud

JoHud Well-Known Member

Joe Hudak
    My recommendation would be to try and find the collection cheap and hold onto your DVD of Family Plot, but it was otherwise a very satisfactory collection. I was one of the lucky ones that got it for $99 (plus shipping) during that strange Fingerhut.com deal and have been generally very satisfied with it (except for the Family Plot transfer).

5. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    I held onto Family Plot and Marnie for watching, and Vertigo for the correct commentary.

6. albert_m2

albert_m2 Well-Known Member

Albert
    Thanks for the info. Whatever I do, I'll steep keep my DVD Masterpiece set. It's a nice set that doesn't take up too much space for a box.

7. Osato

Osato Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with the set. I haven't managed to get through all of the titles, yet but I'm about half way through and am enjoying having them in HD. The next one I have to watch is Torn Curtain. I haven't seen that one in years and am looking forward to seeing it again. I just need to find time though!

I didn't have many of the Hitchcock films on DVD, so getting the blu ray set was an easy call for me. I got it for $125 at Costco just a week or two after it was released.