1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Use CAUTION when dealing with standsandmounts.com!!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Alan Pummill, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Well-Known Member

Hello fellow members.

I have been around the HTF for a good while now, and have bought many things on-line. (e.g. SVS PC-Ultra, Outlaw 950 pre/pro, Earthquake Cinenova Grande amp, Mye stands for my maggies, and numerous accessories from Audio Advisor and Crutchfield)

Having just purchased some B&W 602.5 towers, I looked for a long time to find short stands to raise them off the floor about 8 inches. standsandmounts.com had just what I was looking for, so I pulled the trigger on 12/22/04. I finally got my stands yesterday!!

It seems that this site is just a drop shipper site with a minimum of customer service. Try calling their "sales staff" no one answered for 2 weeks. Yes, I know that this was during the holidays, but come on. I finally contacted the manufacturer of the stands and got them shipped the same day!!

This site is ran by David and Caroline Moretto. Below is a link that talks about some of their issues!!

http://www.audiobanter.com/showpost....98&postcount=1

DAVID & CAROL MORETTO THEAUDIODEPT.COM/DISCOUNTS-N-DEALS.COM/CARDIFFROSE.NET
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aka: Edwin and Caroline Moretto
    Posts as: "wepromote@yahoo.com" with fraudulent name "Tom Dowd" and also
    "cardiffrose@iname.com" (along with a raft of other names @ his domains).

Ebay scams under name "Barkingpumpkin" and variations (cancelled by Ebay)

Posts prior to 9 May 2002 from Mindspring/Earthlink dialup in
    Raleigh-Durham, NC. Earthlink disconnected these accounts, and now MORETTO
    is posting from Road Runner dialups in Raleigh-Durham.

Primary address (verified):
    233 Purple Leaf Road
    Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526

PROPERTY OWNED BY:
    MORETTO, CAROLINE JAYNE & EDWIN
    See picture of little ****box tract home:
    http://web.co.wake.nc.us/realestate...e=owner&owner=M
    ORETTO&spg=1&cd=01&loc=233++PURPLE+LEAF+RD&des=LT+69+WILLOW+CREEK+SC+1+PH1+B
    M1998%2D1805&pin=0676172925

Moretto, Carol
    233 Purple Leaf Rd
    FUQUAY VARINA, NC 27526
    919-552-7902**

VARIOUS PHONES USED TO HIDE:
    1.919.567.2379 1.320.209.2233

PLEASE FELLOW HTF MEMBERS....USE CAUTION WITH THESE PEOPLE.