What's new

Urgent help: Klipsch RW-12D for 240V? (1 Viewer)

mambo12

Auditioning
Real Name
james
I just bought the Klipsch RW-12D but I need to bring it Asia where it runs on 240V. Any idea if the sub can work with 240V? On the back panel it says,

T3.15A 240V
120V ~ 60Hz 3A

I've no idea what the 1st line means. Would really appreciate the info if anyone knows as I need to decide whether I have to return it and lose $60 due to shipping
frown.gif

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
According to a quick google search a transformer and plug adapter, to make it run in China, will run you less than $60.

mambo12

Auditioning
Real Name
james
Tks, yeah. I know that I cld get a transformer. But I rather not as it consumes more power and tends to be quite bulky. Anyway, wanted to find out abt the sub itself as it is mentioned that there is an export version, though I've not seen what the difference is between the 2.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What you've offered us for what it says on the rear of the plate amp(which I assume is correct, I've not checked into it)...Hopefully it has a removable power cable(again, I've not looked). If so, buy the correct cable to plug it into your wall. When labeled that way, it has a worldwide power supply.But, double check my assumption.

mambo12

Auditioning
Real Name
james
I really hope you are right.

but what do you make of the writings?
what does "T3.15A 240V" mean?
it does come with a removable cable. but the cable is your standard power cable that goes to computer desktops, etc. There is no adapter with the cable, so I don't think I need to change the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks