1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Upscaling/HDef DVD Player merged thread

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Chris Huber, May 17, 2004.

1. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Well-Known Member

Where did you get it from. I need to replace my old S-VHS JVC 7600 and move the DVD Recorder downstairs and get a new DVD player for the LCD upstairs. 40.00 is a great price at least until I step into HD-DVD.

2. elden

elden Member

Thanks for sharing this nice link.

3. elden

elden Member

Thanks a lot!

4. adams82

adams82 Member

I'm a bit of an HD noob, so please excuse me.

I took delivery of my Toshiba 42RV530U today and set it up with a cheap HT in a box (Samsung HT-Z310T). The manuals for both were rather vague, but the Samsung unit does upconvert but I'm not sure how... I can stop the DVD and change resolutions (480, 720, 1080i/p) and then play again. Would I be correct in saying that when I set that resolution to 720 or 1080, I am essentially "activating" the up scaling? I honestly didn't fiddle with it too much and the settings for the TV were out of the box, so I really didn't study the differences.

I do have the DVD player hooked up to the TV via HDMI...

Thanks!

5. pankarty

pankarty Member

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksth anksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthan ksthanksthanksv

6. Gilpinrysry

Gilpinrysry Member

I Love Apple ipods, because they are the best. I don' t know what I can do without ipod. It goes everywhere where I go. Rencently I found 10 cool iPod video tools, I want to share them with you now.

source: Top 10 Most Popular iPod Video Tools