What's new

Upgrade options for original SVS 25-31CS (1 Viewer)

Jon G.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

forgive the question if it's been asked and answered before, I did a search and couldn't find answers to all my questions.

I'm moving into a new house in a few weeks and finally getting a room of my own (read: no WAF to manage anymore)! Now that I'm finally free to own a big SVS sub, I've bought my friend's pair of original 25-31CS subs (serial numbers 20 and 21), which have the old drivers.

What are my upgrade options for these subs? I know that I can upgrade the driver to the standard improved drivers, can I go further and upgrade them to the plus drivers, or does that require a new sub enclosure/port configuration?

Speaking of the port tuning, is it possible to change the 25-31's port tuning? Can I sacrific some output for deeper extension?

Also, I'm hoping to be able to place the subs right next to eachother. Do I need the SVS-01? Probably a safe purchase in case I can't place them next to eachother in the future.

Finally, I'm buying the subs w/ the old Fidek amp (w/ fan "modification"). Do the Sampsons amps have any advantage over the Fidek?

Thanks,
Jon

Ray Nist

Agent
I would think if you upgraded to anything more than the ISD the porting may have to change also.

You should be able to get these subs tuned to 22hz with the addition of a new port tube. I believe they are about $30 from SVS.

Shoot Tom from SVS an email, he responds very quickly.

--Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks