What's new

Updated Pictures of Home Theater (1 Viewer)

I've included some pictures of the entertainment room, including the back wall, seating, entry, etc. that I didn't have posted before.
I'm still in the process of getting the posters up, but unfortunatly the people who make posters don't think about SIZE and framing costs! Of all the frames out in the market and sold in frame shops, Target, and other stores, none of them fit movie posters unless you have them CUSTOM made and as you well know, that can cost you an arm and leg!
Anyone know of places that carry frames in odd sizes for movie posters for under 50.00?
I also hope to have pictures up of what the room looked like before I renovated it, but I haven't had the time to scan them in.
This is an Awesom site to get some mini posters of the original King Kong movie poster and others, plus all you ever wanted to know about WIDE SCREEN and all the different Sounds and color enhancements since the 50's.
http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/index.htm

Thanks,
Jeff

I didn't get a chance to see some of the comments from the last three postings due to the database issue.
please repost. Thanks,
Jeff

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I love that ent center set up, Jeff!

And what's not to like about the usherettes at the Widescreen Museum. :)

MikeWh

Second Unit
Kevin-- click on the WWW or HT icon above his message. The link he provided in his post (the "confusing page") is not for his HT.

Jeff-- FYI: Your "Before Pictures" link is broken.

Jon Gum

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff -

We have two stores (Michael's and Hobby Lobby) that sell frame sides. You buy opposing sides of the frame and and put them together on your own (2 sets make an entire frame). Then you get them to cut some glass for you and get the foam backing.

Two sets of side frames - $30
Foam core backing - $5
Glass (regular) - $20 OR
Glass - (Anti-reflective) - $40

This was for a 27 x 40 finished frame and they really look nice. They are not flimsy, look professional and work very well.

Jon

Thanks for the feedback.
My computer has been on the fritz at work for the past several days, sorry for the delayed response.
The link to the before pictures isn't broken, I just haven't had the time to update the web site. I'm also in the process of putting an addition to my kitchen and installing the new cabinets and appliances. I hope to have more pictures soon when I can find the time.

Jeff

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
The links inside your web site are broken. I'm sure Explorer "fixes" them for most people, but in my browser they break. You should change links in your site from:

jllaclairconstruction.htm

to the following format:

/jllaclair/construction.htm

Then it will work fine for everyone. I had to manually fix the link addresses to bring up the pages.

Sean.

MikeWh

Second Unit
Actually, Sean, the "Before Pictures" link really is broken, because he hasn't updated the site. Funny... I never knew that IE will "fix" the backslashes though... I've never noticed it. I use IE almost exclusively, because our standard desktop (at work) required Netscape 4.5, which crapped out 3-4 times a day. I just went to his site today with a new Netscape client (which won't fix the backslashes). Interesting.

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, I feel your pain! I only subject myself to the torture of Netscape Navigator / Mozilla when I'm browser testing. I'm a Linux uber geek so I use Konqueror, which is a very fast and attractive browser. Apple's new browser (Safari) is based on Konquerors html and javascript rendering libraries, so I suspect Safari doesn't fix the broken urls either.

Anyway, back to talking about home theater :D Keep us posted Jeff :)

Sean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks