What's new

Upcoming Timeless Releases (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Laramie Season Two coming on February 7th according to Classicflix. Great news, yet again, from Timeless!!

Gary "they just keep churning them out" O.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Gary OS said:
Laramie Season Two coming on February 7th according to Classicflix.  Great news, yet again, from Timeless!!
Gary "they just keep churning them out" O.
Awesome news. I have a huge mancrush on TMG. :dance:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard V /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/90#post_3869351
Awesome news. I have a huge mancrush on TMG.
Yes, it is awesome news, Richard! I've got the same affection for TMG that you do. They are doing an incredible job at a time when DVD sales, on the average, are certainly down. Yet Timeless keeps churning them out! Bravo!!

Gary "the crystal ball saw this one coming months ago, but I was asked to keep it quite for a while so I waited until we got an 'official' announcement" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
TVShowsonDVD.com now have a news release about Laramie Season Two here.

Gary "the great thing about S2 coming is that it has a fairly nice Christmas episode that I'll get a chance to upgrade" O.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I picked up the John Gavin "Destry" Timeless release today for $12.88 at Sam's Club. I've watched the first 2 episodes (only 13 were produced). It's got a "Sugarfoot"-like vibe; light-hearted with a occasional burst of action. Episode #1 was directed by Don Siegal and featured Broderick Crawford, Tammy Grimes and Claude Akins while the second episode has Fess Parker and Lee Van Cleef as guest stars.
Also got the "Tales of Wells Fargo" Season 1 & 2 set for $26. "The Oregon Trail" series with Rod Taylor was also there for $12.88.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Gary OS said:
TVShowsonDVD.com now have a news release about Laramie Season Two here.
Gary "the great thing about S2 coming is that it has a fairly nice Christmas episode that I'll get a chance to upgrade" O.
Gary, do you know if they have seasons 3&4, with better elements than those they already released? And if so, will they release "updated" versions of Seasons 3&4?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard V /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/90#post_3869982
Gary, do you know if they have seasons 3&4, with better elements than those they already released? And if so, will they release "updated" versions of Seasons 3&4?
Richard, I honestly don't know the answer to that one. Let me see what the crystal ball says, and I'll get back to you.

Gary "anything's possible if newer and sharper prints are available - and I'd think that's the case here" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by RBailey /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/90#post_3869927
I picked up the John Gavin "Destry" Timeless release today for $12.88 at Sam's Club. I've watched the first 2 episodes (only 13 were produced). It's got a "Sugarfoot"-like vibe; light-hearted with a occasional burst of action. Episode #1 was directed by Don Siegal and featured Broderick Crawford, Tammy Grimes and Claude Akins while the second episode has Fess Parker and Lee Van Cleef as guest stars.
Also got the "Tales of Wells Fargo" Season 1 & 2 set for $26. "The Oregon Trail" series with Rod Taylor was also there for $12.88.
John, I like your comparison of Destry to Sugerfoot in the sense that the atmosphere is similar. It is a lighthearted show, but not bad at all for a western.

Gary "I've got Wells Fargo coming and have yet to view any Oregon Trail eps" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The crystal ball sees more Timeless goodies coming next year. Mostly more stuff from the Uni vaults. But there's nothing wrong with that in my book!

Gary "these guys are putting a major dent in my wallet - but I'm not complaining" O.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Gary OS said:
The crystal ball sees more Timeless goodies coming next year.  Mostly more stuff from the Uni vaults.  But there's nothing wrong with that in my book!
Gary "these guys are putting a major dent in my wallet - but I'm not complaining" O.   :rock:
Amen to that, brother.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The crystal ball sees more Timeless goodies coming next year.  Mostly more stuff from the Uni vaults.  But there's nothing wrong with that in my book!
I approve of the Westerns they've been releasing, but I have a suggestion for Timeless. Since they are doing shows from Universal, how about:
The 1950s DRAGNET!!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Regulus /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/90#post_3870204
The crystal ball sees more Timeless goodies coming next year. Mostly more stuff from the Uni vaults. But there's nothing wrong with that in my book!
I approve of the Westerns they've been releasing, but I have a suggestion for Timeless. Since they are doing shows from Universal, how about:
[SIZE= 72px]The 1950s DRAGNET[/SIZE][SIZE= 72px]!!![/SIZE]
Can't argue with that one, William! I'd love to see Timeless release this series.

Gary "not sure how realistic of a shot we have with this series and Timeless, but you never know" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The only way this can get out is if they get access to Universal copies somehow. The Dragnet fans I know have pretty much accounted for all the 16mm prints that are out there and they're all the ones in the PD releases. A rare exception is the one bonus episode on the Shout S3 release of the 60s Dragnet which had to be licensed and cleared for release since it wasn't one of the PD episodes.
I have to be honest, I have never enjoyed the 50s version in its video incarnation, in contrast to the radio version which I find gripping and compelling. The chief problem I have is Webb's overuse of tight close-ups which for me gets very distracting after awhile.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I dunno, I've never been able to appreciate the 50's version either. On the other hand, I always enjoyed the late 60's-early 70's version. I think the reason being that I have always enjoyed the brilliant Harry Morgan, who just brought the right degree of humanity and humor to the 60's version.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
I have just got Tales of Wells Fargo 1&2 set which screened in my country in its heyday. Discs 2 &4 have mastering errors or something which stick part the way thru and nothing moves further. Disappointing.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/90#post_3870494
Any non-westerns in this crystal ball, just out of curiosity?
Not yet. I say it that way in hopes it might change.

Gary "of course they are releasing 'Going My Way' in a few weeks, and I'm happy to see it" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
Overland Trail coming in February.  The crystal ball continues to amaze me.  :D
Gary "and trust me, there are more goodies still to come" O.
We appreciate the info, Gary. Keep that ball tuned into the Timeless stratosphere
ogcihc.jpg

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Gary, does that crystal ball envision a complete series DVD release of Riverboat coming around the bend anytime soon, perchance?
Thanks in advance.
Darby

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks