What's new

Upcoming Horror Movies! / News, discussion, calendar, etc. (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Trailer for the American remake of The Grudge available here.

Those who've seen the original version will undoubtedly be rolling their eyes throughout this clip.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Trailer for the American remake of The Grudge available here.

Those who've seen the original version will undoubtedly be rolling their eyes throughout this clip.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
The trailer didn't look that bad. I really liked the original (though I saw it through dubious means ;) ), and I've become pretty good at making the gurgling noise that sounds like a the beginning sound of a door opening. Otherwise, it looks just like the original.

On an unrelated note, Gollum's not that hard to make.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
The trailer didn't look that bad. I really liked the original (though I saw it through dubious means ;) ), and I've become pretty good at making the gurgling noise that sounds like a the beginning sound of a door opening. Otherwise, it looks just like the original.

On an unrelated note, Gollum's not that hard to make.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I hate to say it, but these movies are starting to get the "same old same old" feeling to me already. Pale kids with long black hair walking around. But my interest in Japanese horror started to wane with The Eye.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I hate to say it, but these movies are starting to get the "same old same old" feeling to me already. Pale kids with long black hair walking around. But my interest in Japanese horror started to wane with The Eye.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I don't watch much Asian horror but The Eye can't have been one of the better examples, W-E-A-K

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I don't watch much Asian horror but The Eye can't have been one of the better examples, W-E-A-K

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
from Creature Corner:

Last night the winners in the 3rd "Project Greenlight" contest were announced, and just like they had promised back when the new season was getting started, a horror film has won the day.

The script that took away all the accolades of it's peers is called Feast, written by Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunston. Cinescape describes it as "a monster mash that manages to deliver a scary, never-a-dull-moment action ride while also parodying the spectrum of stereotypical characters and dangerous situations we've seen in countless horror movies before." I'm not sure if that's from the press release or an actual opinion, however...The logline for the script goes something like this;

On a snowy evening at a rural watering hole, a motley crew of bar patrons struggle to survive a hungry family of flying beasts set on consuming a human buffet.

Running parallel to the screenwriting competition was the contest to find a director to helm the project, and that man is John Gulager, who won the right to direct Feast based on the strength of a short film he submitted. Wes Craven will serve as producer/mentor on Feast, which does not have start date as of yet.

None of the Project Greenlight films has really delivered yet. Could this be any good?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Funny that I'd read your post while watching the Project Greenlight S2 DVDs. (God are these two directors a pair of amazing morons!)

I'm all down with a third season horror approach. I'm not exactly holding my breath on the end product.

Project Greenlight = Good television / Bad Cinema

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm surprised noone is realy talking about Shaun of the Dead since it got an official release of Sept 17th.

Does anybody know how much of "Spaced" (UK TV show)you have to watch or know about, in order to "get" Shaun?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

My guess is none. I've never seen Spaced, and I thought Shaun of the Dead was fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks