What's new

Upcoming Horror Movies! / News, discussion, calendar, etc. (1 Viewer)

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Malcolm R,

When did the MPAA finally announce the rating for Van Helsing?? :confused:

When I saw the ads on TV just a day ago the ads said the movie had not yet been rated.

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe they are remaking The Changeling !?

A Tale of Two Sisters sounds very interesting.

Are "Nameless" and "Darkness" any good ? I'm not into gore/slasher stuff but more into psychological horror and haunted house movies.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Not sure when it was announced, but it's in the MPAA ratings database. Perhaps the advertising just hasn't caught up yet?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Yes, The Nameless is one of my absoulute favorite horror films of the past several years, and Darkness, while not as wonderful, is quite good as well. Both are highly recommended, but if you can only get one, get The Nameless.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Seems that Universal Home Video has some goodies in store for us on Sept. 7th:

The Funhouse (1981)
Ghost Story (1981)
The Legacy (1978)
SSSSSSS (1973)
The Sentinel (1977)

Those still looking for both Tales of the Crypt movies will be pleased to learn that a 2-pack of Demon Knight and Bordello of Blood is also hitting the streets on 9/7.

On June 29th Blue Underground delivers Bob Clark's Deathdream and William Lustig's Uncle Sam (which I've never seen!); on the same date Cult Epics will unleash a limited edition DVD of Abel Ferrara's Driller Killer

And here's an interesting tidbit: Parker Posey and Adam Goldberg have signed on for a TV version of Frankenstein. It seems that Dean Koontz has penned the screenplay, and Marcus Nispel may be directing. Interesting.

Also of note: An outfit called Off Color will be releasing new DVDs of Night of the Living Dead and Carnival of Souls. Both DVDs will include colorized versions of each film (as well as B/W) and audio commentary from MST3K's Mike Nelson.

Rumor?: Freddie Prinze and Gabriel Byrne are preparing to work on a movie adaptation of Stephen King's Dolan's Cadillac.

First-timer Andrew Douglas is reportedly the director on Michael Bay's Amityville remake.

Sources: DVD File, Creature-Corner, Bloody-Disgusting.com, DavisDVD.com

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

Wow! So many things went through my head while reading that. First it was, "why the hell do we need another Night of the Living Dead release?" Then it was, "Colorized! WTF!?!" ...And finally, "Audio commentary by Mike Nelson!?! Okay, I'll pick it up...!!"

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hehe :laugh:

I may have to pick up Funhouse...haven't seen it in a long time. I remember watching SSSSSS when I was little, but I don't remember liking it too much. Maybe I'll pick that as well and give it a second chance.

Julie K

Screenwriter

According to creature-corner.com Stuart Gordon will most likely be stepping in for Hooper on Brew. According to the description: "It's about a creepy brood living in the depths of an abandoned brewery who live off of beer made by human blood."

Sounds like a fun idea and it should be very nice if Gordon directs.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I've heard from a few places (most reliably HSX.com) that Lions Gate has Saw penciled in for a September release, and also that they plan to release High (Haute) Tension in the first quarter of 2005.

More concrete news as I hear it.

Oh, and Van Helsing sucks fart. Let it never be mentioned again in this thread. ;)

Eric.

Stunt Coordinator
I would also put my vote in for the south korean movie A Tale Of Two Sisters as easily the best thing i have seen latley.You guys in the US might want seek out the original before you get the remake.:)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
from Hollywood Reporter:

New Line bites on gory horror film 'Bedbugs'

New Line Cinema has picked up the horror script "Bedbugs" from writer Carter Blanchard. Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson are producing through their Contrafilm. "Bedbugs" tells the tale of a small town that is infested with a species of killer bugs that come at night and burrow inside a person, killing from the inside. It's described as following in the tradition of "Crisis in the Hot Zone" and "28 Days Later."

Not sure why New Line thinks they need this. It doesn't sound particularly original as the "burrowing insect" horror film has been done numerous times.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
from Hollywood Reporter:

New Line bites on gory horror film 'Bedbugs'

New Line Cinema has picked up the horror script "Bedbugs" from writer Carter Blanchard. Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson are producing through their Contrafilm. "Bedbugs" tells the tale of a small town that is infested with a species of killer bugs that come at night and burrow inside a person, killing from the inside. It's described as following in the tradition of "Crisis in the Hot Zone" and "28 Days Later."

Not sure why New Line thinks they need this. It doesn't sound particularly original as the "burrowing insect" horror film has been done numerous times.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Oh, I don't know. Killer bug movies can be so much fun and I don't think bedbugs have been used before.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Oh, I don't know. Killer bug movies can be so much fun and I don't think bedbugs have been used before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks