What's new

Upcoming DVD-A releases (1 Viewer)

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
Warner Brothers has evidently released an e-mail newsletter regarding some upcoming 2002 DVD-A releases. Some folks over at the Hi-Rez Highway section of the Audio Asylum site were nice enough to post the newsletter, so I thought I'd reprint it here:
"Check Out What The Future Holds...
Classic albums making their way to DVD-Audio over the next few months include:
* Randy Newman – Little Criminals
* Grover Washington, Jr. – Winelight
* Linda Rondstadt – What's New
* The Band – The Last Waltz
* Yes – Magnification
* Jackson Browne – Running On Empty
* Van Morrison – Moondance
* Neil Young – Harvest"
It's nice to see that the company is finally giving credence to several titles that have previously been talked about (Morrison, Newman, Washington). I could quibble with some of the choices ("Magnification" for Yes and "What's New" for Ronstadt), but I can't deny how great it is that the titles are actually in the pipeline for release! Now as to what "next few months" actually means...
;)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Alan:

What's New is mentioned in the excerpt from the Warner newsletter you posted above.

Have you (or has anyone else) heard anything further about this release? Its street date was supposed to be July 30, yet I have not found it anywhere online or in stores.

Cheers,

Paul

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Paul, for what it's worth, I was in a Compact Disc World store in New Jersey last night, which is part of a small chain. They had the Queensryche Empire and Yes Magnification DVD-Audio discs, but no Linda Ronstadt disc.

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
What's New was one of several titles that didn't see the light of day on 7/30. Not only that, I haven't seen any indication anywhere that the title will, in fact, be released. No future street date, no pre-orders, nothing whatsoever. The Bonnie Raitt disc (from EMI) was also supposed to be released on 7/30 but is apparently in the same limbo that other DVD-A titles have been consigned to (i.e., no word if it will ever street).
Sheesh! :angry:
Ironically, despite a bunch of titles that have been announced and postponed, announced and postponed, announced and (you get the picture) -- the next Warner Bros. DVD-A will evidently be the R.E.M. disc, which is a brand-new announcement. On-line retailers are taking pre-orders, but if Warner Bros. can't get previously announced titles into stores, why should we believe they'll actually be able to get the new R.E.M. released???

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Keith and Alan:
Thanks.
If either of you (or anyone else) happens to hear anything new about What's New, do you mind posting same to this thread?
As I think has been noted in another DVD-A thread recently, there's a page regarding upcoming Capitol/EMI DVD-A releases on the Crowded House disc. Nick Of Time is mentioned there (as is Pet Sounds--woo hoo!). If Nick was skedded to street on July 30--the same date as Crowded House--why would it be referred to as an upcoming title on the Crowded disc? :confused: Hmph.
I had to dig, but I found Empire and Crowded House at a local Tower this weekend. $25.99/each. They had ordered one copy of each. :confused:
Paul

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Keith, Alan et al.:
John Kotches has posted elsewhere months ago, but figured I would post here also that What's New finally streeted in I think November. Amazon still has no listing for it as of this typing. I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but neither does Warner's own DVDAudioPreview.com site.
http://www.towerrecords.com/product....2751701&cc=USD
Cheers,
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks