What's new

Unreleased SciFi Series on DVD? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
If spy shows can be included in the scifi fantasy genre, I would include:

Spy Games (late ninties ABC series, four unaired episodes)

Girl from UNCLE

She Spies (second season)

Hunter (mid seventies series with James Franciosis (spelling?)

James

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

Mann and Machine

Far Out Flying Oddballs

Lost Saucer

James

Please tell me you meant "Far Out Space Nuts" with Bob Denver!!

Does anyone else remember "The Phoenix?" I guess there were only 4 or 5 episodes; weird--I thought it ran longer.

And I can't figure out why "Man From Atlantis" never made it to dvd. That's one that's fondly remembered by many. And "Salvage 1" was another fun show; it boasts 4 unaired (to my knowledge) episodes, which is always a strong selling point for dvd. Do it while Andy Griffith is still around for audio commentaries!!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Originally Posted by Nebiroth
Also, if the Space Patrol mentioned is the little known puppet series then that too was available here in the UK, but is sadly out of print; it was re-issued recently but as a time-limited website exclusive. They are releasing two BluRay episodes of it though....

I was refering to the 1950s Series made in the US. It had a format very simular to the George Reeves Superman TV Series, which has been available on DVD for quite some time.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley

Please tell me you meant "Far Out Space Nuts" with Bob Denver!!

Does anyone else remember "The Phoenix?" I guess there were only 4 or 5 episodes; weird--I thought it ran longer.

And I can't figure out why "Man From Atlantis" never made it to dvd. That's one that's fondly remembered by many. And "Salvage 1" was another fun show; it boasts 4 unaired (to my knowledge) episodes, which is always a strong selling point for dvd. Do it while Andy Griffith is still around for audio commentaries!!

Yep! I'm afraid I did mean Far Out Space Nuts. I had its own charm, and I recall loving the scifi planet backgrounds they did. It looked low budget, but at the time, it's part of its charm.

James

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

Yep! I'm afraid I did mean Far Out Space Nuts. I had its own charm, and I recall loving the scifi planet backgrounds they did. It looked low budget, but at the time, it's part of its charm.

James

Maybe you were thinking of "Unidentified Flying Oddball," which was a Disney movie of the time. But it looks like they may be making another pass at the Krofft shows, 1/2 of which remain unreleased. I think Space Nuts would make a good double-package set along with the Lost Saucer...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Anythng Krofft, not already out, would be awesome. I guess Sigmund & the Seamonsters is kids sci-fi... or fantasy? At any rate, a full series set is in order.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Originally Posted by Nebiroth

I'd like to see

Logan's Run

Fantastic Journey

The Invisible Man

Captain Power

Project UFO

Fantastic Voyage (animated)

The Changes

Doomwatch

Incidentally all the existing episodes of Adam Adamant Lives! and A For Andromeda (plus the sequel, The Andromeda Breakthrough) are already available here in the UK

Also, if the Space Patrol mentioned is the little known puppet series then that too was available here in the UK, but is sadly out of print; it was re-issued recently but as a time-limited website exclusive. They are releasing two BluRay episodes of it though....
is it when i search find-dvd.co.uk for a for andromeda just comes up with the remake not the original series, must have missed Adam Adamant Lives! thanks for the heads up

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Hmmm! Came across this on a CD:

Mission: Genesis

Does anybody else remember this series?

James

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I remember several sci-fi mini-series/movies done with John Saxon. There was one call Genesis II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_II_(film)

Those are the only movies i can remember.

As for unreleased shows then i would ranked the following

1. Logan's Run TV Series

2. Invisible Man (1975, starring David McCallum)

3. Fantastic Journey (1977)

4. Fantastic Journey (Cartoon)

5. Journey to the Center of the Earth (Cartoon)

6. Herculoids

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks