What's new

Unreleased Christmas specials? (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
moviebuff75 said:
Oh, and The Night They Saved Christmas with Jaclyn Smith and Art Carney.
That one! I really have a hard time understanding why it's not on disc.

I'm not sure, but is A Very Brady Christmas available on disc? That should have been a shoe-in to get on the market.

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote here for The Man in the Santa Claus Suit with Fred Astaire.A really quite charming film. Every year I live in hope that it may come out.In the UK it was shown a number of times on the BBC but unseen since Christmas 1985, which is when luckily I recorded it. However, I would purchase a DVD if it emerged.That Julie Andrews special looks good too - not seen that.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
WPIX Yule Log, though I understand why it can't be (music rights would be out of this world). And yes, I mean the *WPIX* one, the one that's been seen since 1970 and improved since its comeback.

Has the Alvin Show version of the Chipmunk Song been included on any Chipmunks release? (of course I'd want a proper release of that series in general...a fake first episode doesn't cut it)

regarding the Denver/Muppets specials...I don't own any, is it true that what was cut was anything involving planes because it was "too soon"? I also wonder if that's why we only hear PP&M's "Leaving on a Jet Plane" on the radio, or did they just have the bigger hit with it?

Srr1984

Auditioning
Real Name
Sarah
Ron1973 if you get this I really need a copy of that movie please! I can't find it anywhere and only people lucky enough to catch it on tv and record it have it! My email is [email protected] please contact me

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Any news news on the unreleased Christmas tv and movie front? I was really hoping that the Great Santa Switch (with Art Carney) and the Richard Williams A Christmas Carol would make it out this year. But it didn't happen.

Any luck for the rest of you?

JThree

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
P.S. Have "all" the Rankin Bass Christmas seasonal specials made it out on digital? I don't recall seeing "Noel" and a few other lost specials out yet?

JThree?

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
JamesSmith said:
P.S. Have "all" the Rankin Bass Christmas seasonal specials made it out on digital?
The complete Warner DVD boxset from a couple years ago claimed to have The Little Drummer Boy Book II, but it turned up missing, and reappeared later in the Archive, with the other obscure R-B's.

With Classic Media owning the Big Five, the only Warner-owned R-B still sold commercially is The One Everyone Claims to "Remember", But Only Knows the Same One Darn Song From.

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
A proper, authorized color version of the Geraldine Page version of Truman Capote's A Christmas Memory, from 1967--my mom keeps talking about that one, so I'd like to be able to get it for her. And of course the scary Richard Williams Christmas Carol, for me, since I found it pleasingly terrifying as a kid!
I used to see this on PBS back in the day - loved it, wish I had a copy.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Slightly off topic, but there has been a flood of vintage Christmas albums on amazon this year (some as CD-R). I think with so many radio stations playing 30 to 55 days of Christmas music, it has really stimulated a lot of catalog Christmas music releases. Hopefully, this will spill over to DVD with more Christmas specials coming to that format.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Continuing with the slightly off topic, does anyone know if there are forums where unreleased (on CD) Christmas music is discussed?Jthree

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Sorry. My mistake on Noel being rankin bass. Has anybody heard anything on Santa Baby?Jthree

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I would love to have a DVD of the Christmas episode of "The Julie Andrews Hour" from 1973 that was repeated several times over the years as a special. The guest star was Jimmy Stewart; Julie shows him a traditional British Christmas, and he shows her a typical American Christmas. A charming show with lots of good music and a long list of cameos by various entertainers.

JAH960.jpg

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While this was originally released in theaters, I imagine most think of it as a tv special these days. I'd like to see a remastered and uncut official release for Santa and the Three Bears.

Santa_and_the_Three_Bears_FilmPoster.jpeg

Not to mention many of the other suggestions that have already been made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks