What's new

Unreleased 60's shows on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
David, I don't know for sure about those titles being available but you might want to check this site here . This site is our "Mecca" of sites on the 'net for checking what's officially available in Region 1 releases. You may already be familiar with the site "TSoD" as we call it here. It's (imo) the #1 TV/DVD news site on the 'net.

progrocktv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
Mr. Terrific is being released on Germany under the title "Immer, wenn er Pillen nahm - Die komplette Serie (Folgen 01-17) with German and English audio

http://www.amazon.de/Immer-wenn-Pillen-nahm-komplette/dp/B0026L8MDI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1247593508&sr=1-1

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Definitely a bootleg. Either this site or the Batman 1966 message board has all the sad details of the Batman/ Green Hornet legal issues. If it ever gets released, you will know it.

I own one of those Master sets- uncut, with all the trimmings. I still will buy the original if it gets released. Most sets out there are copied from one of the tv runs and will always be heavily edited for commercial time.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
just a warning. The German Amazon charges nearly $20 US to ship items to the USA.

Originally Posted by progrocktv

Mr. Terrific is being released on Germany under the title "Immer, wenn er Pillen nahm - Die komplette Serie (Folgen 01-17) with German and English audio

http://www.amazon.de/Immer-wenn-Pillen-nahm-komplette/dp/B0026L8MDI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1247593508&sr=1-1

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Rankin/Bass's little known 1961 animated series Tales of The Wizard Of Oz. Only a handful of episodes were released on VHS in the late 80's.

Return To Oz, the 1964 TV special that the 1961 series was based off of is available, but not the animated series itself, there was about 120 cartoons made, and some exist on YouTube, but done on DVD yet.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I would kill to get Occasional Wife. I've read that the only reason it was canceled -- because it was doing very well in the ratings -- was because NBC could only afford to renew it or I Dream of Jeannie, and they liked IDOJ better.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
re: Mr. Terrific:
I was planning on ordering this until I read a user comment stating that despite Amazon's listing (as well as that of the distributor) there is in fact no English soundtrack, only German.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by Mike*HTF

I was planning on ordering this until I read a user comment stating that despite Amazon's listing (as well as that of the distributor) there is in fact no English soundtrack, only German.
Thanks for letting us know. I will wait for one that has an English track.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
My 60'S Wish List:

Batman (I'd love just to have the BatGirl episodes!)
The Green Hornet
Tarzan
Daktari
Patty Duke Show
The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
The Girl From Auntie

On a trivia note Yvonne Craig (BatGirl) had a guest role on Dobie Gillis. What a lady. :)
You know they don't have girls like her these days. (sigh.)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike*HTF

I have it and that is incorrect.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Elena S /forum/thread/282547/unreleased-60-s-shows-on-dvd/30#post_3584313
Actually, it was Screen Gems that made the decision. NBC only had room available for 1 SG show and since Jeannie already had 2 years produced, making it that much closer to a good amount for syndication, SG decided to continue with that show. Too bad as Occasional Wife was a better and funnier show.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Ripcord,starring Larry Pennell and Ken Curtis. Produced by Ivan Tors, who produced Flipper and many more TV Series. (And the need to release the other two seasons of Flipper as well!)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see the 1965-66 sitcom Hank released. Considering it was one the first sitcoms to be done in color, and the fact that its storyline was wrapped up in its final episode, it would be perfect for the Warner Archive!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Charles Ellis

I'd love to see the 1965-66 sitcom Hank released. Considering it was one the first sitcoms to be done in color, and the fact that its storyline was wrapped up in its final episode, it would be perfect for the Warner Archive!
You and me both. Considering that it aired for one season and has not been seen anywhere since in the last 43 years, it's amazing how many people remember the show fondly. Go to TV Party and they have a great write-up on the series. They also mention how they are constantly getting asked about it. The problem is that unlike all of their movies, which already have existing tape or 16mm elements, as well as their "classic" westerns and detective shows, Hank is buried in the vaults and probably only exists on 35mm negatives.I just can't see someone at Warner thinking that it will be worth it to go to the expense of transferring the show and putting it out. I would really love to be proved wrong about this.
Funny story. I was at the Paley Center a few months ago and I overheard two guys talking to one of people there. And what did they request to see. None other than Hank! Which of course they don't have. Only place I know of with any episodes is the Library of Congress. And the 2 they have are in black and white.

dowkontt

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
WB Archive has released the movie Then Came Bronson on DVD:
http://www.wbshop.com/Then-Came-Bronson-1969-TVM/1000123523,default,pd.html?cgid=ARCHIVENEW

dowkontt

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
WB Archive has released the movie Then Came Bronson on DVD:
http://www.wbshop.com/Then-Came-Bronson-1969-TVM/1000123523,default,pd.html?cgid=ARCHIVENEW

progrocktv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Glad to see my faves mentioned here (T.H.E. Cat, He & She. Captain Nice, Run, Buddy Run, My Mother the Car, Hawaiian Eye, 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside 6, etc.)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
He & She, Hank (starring Dick Kallman), Car 54, and Camp Runamuck top my 60's 'most wanted list' along with Batman which is on everyone's list!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks