What's new

UNOFFICIAL 2002 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread!! (3 Viewers)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I think some sports fans are stupid when it comes to a lot of the things they do. They need to realize that the things they do reflect on the entire city. When it comes down to it, the people in Michigan like competing against Canada because we are located so close to them. But don't worry Canada, we still love you.
I totally agree. Lets not project the actions of some losers on the entire city. There were quite a few letters to the editor in our local newspaper this morning condemning those who booed the US national anthem so its not only the Americans who think it was an awful thing to do.

Having said that, Go Canucks!

Pat

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
I agree Mark !!! Awesome game. The best in the playoffs so far but maybe I am a little biased. My throat is soar from all the yelling. What a come back and what a game by Koivu. It showed a lot of character.
GO HABS GO !!! GO HABS GO !!! :D

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Wow! Habs 5, Bruins 3. What a game! 4 straight goals in the last period. Great comeback! :emoji_thumbsup:
How about Saku Koivu? He's simply amazing.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I did not breathe the entire last 3 or 4 minutes of the game. I thought it was the Bruin's game when they were up 3-1. The habs are all heart baby. Saku and Dougie are playing incredible hockey(the whole team is doing great). How about Markov for keeping the puck in the Bruins zone that lead to the Koivu goal.

Now, let's hope the Canucks pick their game up tonight.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
How about those Red Wings. It looks as if my prediction will come true. Wings in six.

That was a great game and what a performance from Koivu! It's great that Montreal has a pretty dman good team. But I don't know who to root for. Both teams deserve to do well, but my heart is leaning towards the Habs.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
How about those Red Wings. It looks as if my prediction will come true. Wings in six.

That was a great game and what a performance from Koivu! It's great that Montreal has a pretty damn good team. But I don't know who to root for. Both teams deserve to do well, but my heart is leaning towards the Habs.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
And what about Doug Gilmore! It's really too bad that Ottawa didn't try a little harder to aquire him, he always shines in the playoffs.:emoji_thumbsup:
Great games last night...

Bac Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
I think this is the first year that the playoffs are a complete toss-up. I wouldn't be surprised if an 8 seed ran the table.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Last nights Wings-Canucks game was much better to watch than Game 3. The Wings looked good and the Canucks looked much better. Steve Yzerman is amazing. Guys like Fedorov, Hull and Robitaille should be ashamed of themselves. This guy is playing on one leg and still leads the team to victory. The other three haven't done much of anything.

Pat

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Well what a game between the Wings and Nucks! That first 10 minutes was some of the hardest hitting hockey and breakneck speed Ive ever seen! A truly gutsy performance by the beloved captain...Stevie Y. The refs sucked big time for both sides I thought. Anyway, looks like we got it goin on although Im totally impressed by Vancouver and will be glad when this is over...:D
GO WINGS!! GO ISLES!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well, that was a setback, but I still have faith my Canucks will emerge triumphant. Hasek should get a medal for the number of dives he took, too bad the refs don't call him for being such a fake. We had the bounces in game one, the Wings had 'em last night. We'll see what happens next, but Canucks fans have seen our share of nail biter game 7s.

Dave_P

Stunt Coordinator
I am disgusted by the Bruins/Habs game from last night. The Bruins deserve to lose when they play the "try not to lose instead of trying to win" game. They sat back in the third period instead of attacking, and they got their collective arses handed to them because of it.
The Wings/Canucks are all tied at 2-2. Last night's game was not on TV in my area. :frowning:
:emoji_thumbsup: Here's to another night of fine hockey!!!
Message to the Bruins: You better win on Thursday or you'll be on the golf course sooner than you think.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
@#&!@(#%%! Bruins! I hope that the now probable early exit from the playoffs will be a wake up call for them. They need to get some real defensemen.
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Lots of great hockey going on.
Great to see a Habs/Bruins series. Back in the early 70's (and late 60's) there were some amazing series between these two original sixers. Orr, Richard, Esposito, Lemaire, Bucyk, Dryden, Cheevers, etc. Ahhh, memories.
As for the jerks at the games who boo the anthems, know this: it is unfair to indict an entire city (or country, for that matter) on the behavior of a handful of losers. Recognize that no one city has a monopoly on assholes.
The Canucks are giving my Wings a run for their money. I think the Wings will take it in six, but I am impressed with the Vancouver club. They are much stronger than your typical eighth seed.
I hope Colorado loses. Just because. :D
Is any one player more valuable to their team than Yzerman?
No Dallas Stars. Seems odd.
If the Red Wings don't cop the cup, I hope the Bruins do.
All those years with Buffalo, there were no high expectations. Hasek excelled. I wonder what it's doing to his head being in this new set of circumstances, in which wins are expectations rather than pleasant surprises.
One more word about Yzerman. I work with kids in a setting that sometimes draws celebrities to visit. The likes of Muhammed Ali, Magic Johnson, LL Cool J, various Red Wings, Tigers, Lions, Pistons, & Wolverines have passed through, always with bodyguards, photographers, and reporters in tow. A few years back, Steve Yzerman received word that a big fan of his was not doing well. So what does he do? He slips in unannounced, wearing street clothes and a baseball cap (and looking like a teenager), and walks into the girl's room and takes a seat. He spends nearly an hour visiting, then leaves, with no fanfare. There was no mention of it in the media. I saw it happen.
Jon

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I've had the chance to meet Steve Yzerman on several occasions and he's the most down to Earth guy I've ever met.

A few years back, Steve Yzerman received word that a big fan of his was not doing well. So what does he do? He slips in unannounced, wearing street clothes and a baseball cap (and looking like a teenager), and walks into the girl's room and takes a seat. He spends nearly an hour visiting, then leaves, with no fanfare. There was no mention of it in the media.
I've heard of many occasions where he's done something similar and did not want the media involved.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I just got back from the Sens game and they are looking great! I can't believe how well they are playing compared to how they played the last part of the season.
Lalime is really looking great (3 shutouts in a row!) and they all seem to be playing as one "unit". Hopefully they can finish Philly off in the next game.
I'm also starting to look pretty good in the office pool thanks to comebacks from Detroit & NYI. :D

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Last nights Wings-Canucks game was much better to watch than Game 3. The Wings looked good and the Canucks looked much better.

I disagree, the Canucks were playing some sloppy sloppy hockey in their own end and in the neutral zone. Giving the puck away, not clearing it when they had the chance, trying to be too fancy, and passing it right in front of the net. I just about had a heart attack!

I don't know what Jovo was doing. Everytime he touched the puck it seemed like he was gonna cough it up, or get caught pinching in too deep and his one big screw-up lead right to a very predictable goal.

As Don's been preaching all playoffs, Early out, Easy out.

Let's hope they can get it back together at the Joe. Home Ice disadvantage back in their favor.

And let's hope that the "best" hockey fans in the US can actually fill the building tonight? Those first 2 games might have been sellouts, but judging from all the empty seats, the scalpers much have been holding on to quite a few extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks