What's new

UNOFFICIAL 2002 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread!! (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see Ottawa finally get some scoring in the post season. Hopefully they can keep it up and still shut down the "Flyers".

Can't wait for the game tonight! Let's hope the Canucks can keep the hot streak alive.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Even if the real Wings stand up, they are in for a battle, and I don't think they'll win. With a two game pad, the odds are way stacked against Detroit, especially with the added stat of the Canucks record since January. For the Canucks to lose three straight (which they would have to to lose the series) is unlikely. They might not sweep, but tonight will be an interesting one. I think we'll see a lot more odd numbered rushes for Vancouver as Detroit pinches, and if Vancouver continues the flip clear they started in the late third of last game, we shouldn't get trapped in our own end for extended periods. If we can stay out of the penalty box on bad calls, we should do fine.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
After Tuzzi dekes out Hasek and top shelves it one the backhand... he shoots for the 5-hole on his penalty shot? Why does everyone try that?

Ah well, it was an entertaining game despite the outcome. Not scoring on the rash of penalties that Detroit got really hurt the Canucks.... not to mention that goal from center. Ouch.

Tuesday should be another good one.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

I do agree with you about those "fans" littering the ice after the St. Louis game are morons. I think that you are right about the bandwagon fans but you have that with every professional team. The worst type of fan at Red Wing games are those that go to the Olympia room before the game and between periods and don't bother showing up until 5-10 minutes after the period begins. Then they leave with ten minutes left in the third when the Wings are up by a goal.

Dave_P

Stunt Coordinator
Bruins: 6 :emoji_thumbsup: Habs: 4 This game was a lot better from a Boston perspective, but the Habs still showed unbelievable character by making this game close after being down 4-0 in the first 12 minutes.
The Bruins showed how they could dominate the Habs when they play the way they are capable of playing.
The Canucks lost to the Wings last night 3-1. That's too bad for Vancouver. I am really hoping that they knock out the Wings.
Go Bruins!!!!

Terry Hansen

Stunt Coordinator
How about Bertuzzi nailing Chelios? That was effin great! Now if someone would plaster Holmstrom I would be truly satisfied.

I think the Canucks will take the next two. Go 'nucks!!!!

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
I think your average Wings fan is pretty ignorant about the game of hockey. Most of them are not fans of the game of hockey. They don't understand hockey, nor do they try. I do know a few Wings fans who understand hockey and aren't just the latest to jump on the bandwagon, but I feel they are the minority. Most of the Wings fans I know are probably in that group of morons that threw garbage on the ice at Joe Louis 2 weeks ago when the Wings lost to the Blues.
I think I remember some Vancouver fans throwing things on the ice in Sundays game. Detroit has the best fans in hockey hands down. If you ever visited Michigan, everyone has Red Wing stickers on there cars and most women can tell you what icing is.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Tonight's forecast for the Phoenix area...A White Out!!
20011212.6.jpg

Let's go Coyotes!!

PatrickM

Screenwriter
The Wings looked very good last night. They were focussed and on their game. Almost all their passes seemed tape to tape and they only had 4 turnovers all game. Very controlled game. They deserved to win. They made Vancouver look pretty bad. Hopefully the Canucks will kick into gear for game 4 because I think whoever wins game 4 wins the series.

Pat

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Now thats the Wings we know and love baby! Finally, Hasek was excellent! How about St. Nicks' goal from center ice!! Doah! Also thought Fedorov was great, could of had 2 or 3 goals.. Have to give Vancouver credit, they stormed pretty hard in the third but just couldnt put it past Dom.

Tomorrow should be great. By the way, hockey rules here in MI. Damn near everyone is fan, and if your not youll find yourself feeling pretty lonely, since the Red Wings are a hot topic pretty much year round. Not to mention the number of amature hockey players from kids to adults is incredible in the Metro area... Mike

Go Hawks, Habs, Devils, and WINGS!!

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Terry, yea what a shot Chelly took from Bert!! The average guy would have been carried off the ice. I couldnt believe he got up so fast.. there was some great hitting in that game eh!?!

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I think it was a disgusting and moronic gesture by the majority of Canuck fans to boo and jeer at the United States National Anthem at last nights game. My cousin was killed by friendly fire in the Gulf War, so I do understand the politics and anger involved with the recent deaths of the Canadian servicemen, but c’mon.

Have a little class.

Am I the only one that thought this was a bit crude??

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I think it was a disgusting and moronic gesture by the majority of Canuck fans to boo and jeer at the United States National Anthem at last nights game. My cousin was killed by friendly fire in the Gulf War, so I do understand the politics and anger involved with the recent deaths of the Canadian servicemen, but c’mon.
I was at the game last night and I thought it was down right rude but it was limited to a bunch of drunk guys in the upper bowl. But, having said that, at the Raptors-Pistons game in Detroit the fans booed pretty freaking loud during the entire Canadian anthem so there are a lot of morons in Michigan too.

Pat

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
The fans in Detroit booed loudly throughout the entire Canadian National Anthem at the Pistons/Raptors game.
Because of the time difference in Vancouver some of the sports fans got wind of this and guess who the Canucks were playing that night... ;)
They gave Detroit a little taste of what their fans did to Toronto but it wasn't even comparable to the booing that went on and on at the Pistons game.
They were wrong in both cases but at least Vancouver had an excuse... :D

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
I think some sports fans are stupid when it comes to a lot of the things they do. They need to realize that the things they do reflect on the entire city. When it comes down to it, the people in Michigan like competing against Canada because we are located so close to them. But don't worry Canada, we still love you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks