1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Universal remote suggestions, around $30

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared_C, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Jared_C

Jared_C Stunt Coordinator

i just got my sony str-de845 receiver (used), which didn't come with a remote. I am looking for suggestions on a good cheap universal remote that i could use for my receiver. So far, i have found the sony rm-vL700. Anyone have a remote they particularly like that is in this price range?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

The One-For-All Cinema 7 is legendary for it's power (it has macro keys, will learn from other remotes, etc.). It sells for $25 at Best Buy and I've seen it for $19 at Longs Drugs.

If you go to www.remotecentral.com you will find pages of info dedicated to this remote. You can even buy a $15 adaptor cable that lets you hook it up to your computer to program it. (It uses spreadsheets and some odd procedures, but it works). Thats how popular this remote is: people have built cables/software to play with all it's features.

Hope this helps.

3. Jared_C

thanks for the advice bob, i am comparing two remotes currently, one which is rca and one which is one-for-all. here are the links below. they both come out to around $30 shipped. links below
    one for all
    rca

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

The URC8810 basically replaces the Cinema7. The 8910 adds an LCD display and a somewhat nicer key layout. The 9910 is the RF version and comes with an RF receiver/IR blaster.

For the Canadians in the crowd, the models are URC8811/URC8911/URC9911.

5. Dennis Heller

Dennis Heller Second Unit

6. Jared_C

is anyone here actually using a universal remote with a sony receiver? if so what receiver and what remote?

7. Chris Cancienne