What's new

Universal remote suggestions, around $30 (1 Viewer)

Jared_C

Stunt Coordinator
i just got my sony str-de845 receiver (used), which didn't come with a remote. I am looking for suggestions on a good cheap universal remote that i could use for my receiver. So far, i have found the sony rm-vL700. Anyone have a remote they particularly like that is in this price range?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
The One-For-All Cinema 7 is legendary for it's power (it has macro keys, will learn from other remotes, etc.). It sells for $25 at Best Buy and I've seen it for $19 at Longs Drugs.

If you go to www.remotecentral.com you will find pages of info dedicated to this remote. You can even buy a $15 adaptor cable that lets you hook it up to your computer to program it. (It uses spreadsheets and some odd procedures, but it works). Thats how popular this remote is: people have built cables/software to play with all it's features.

Hope this helps.

Jared_C

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the advice bob, i am comparing two remotes currently, one which is rca and one which is one-for-all. here are the links below. they both come out to around $30 shipped. links below
one for all
rca

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The URC8810 basically replaces the Cinema7. The 8910 adds an LCD display and a somewhat nicer key layout. The 9910 is the RF version and comes with an RF receiver/IR blaster.

For the Canadians in the crowd, the models are URC8811/URC8911/URC9911.

Jared_C

Stunt Coordinator
is anyone here actually using a universal remote with a sony receiver? if so what receiver and what remote?

is anyone here actually using a universal remote with a sony receiver? if so what receiver and what remote?
I am...I have a DE685 and using the Sony VL1000 remote. Love the remote! Easy to configure/program, just takes a little time. With shipping it will set you back about $60 at etronics.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks