What's new

Universal music announces DVD-Audio plans (1 Viewer)

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
John,

Thanks for the great news.

Those of us that have playback for DVD Audio simply pick up titles we want when they come out... :D

Steely Dan is coming to DVD Audio / day and date with the cd... June 10.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John,

I understand. I guess you haven't resorted to drastic measures to get the information we need. You know, dead fish, etc. ;)

You said:

Steely Dan is coming to DVD Audio / day and date with the cd... June 10.
I hope that is true. I would welcome that!

Phil,

Thanks. I've had both hi-rez formats since February 2001, so I have accepted quality titles coming on both formats for awhile now. Now that I upgraded the DVD-Audio player, I am even more open to DVD-Audio.

It's great to have both formats, and quality players in both formats. There are a lot of folks on other web sites who zealously preach one format or the other. These people are doing nothing more than denying themselves some great-sounding music in the format they refuse to recognize.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Keith,

I thought the old DAN catalog was on ABC Records....

It's been way too long since I've had one of the old album covers in my hands to verify ;)

Regards,

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
It's great to have both formats, and quality players in both formats. There are a lot of folks on other web sites who zealously preach one format or the other. These people are doing nothing more than denying themselves some great-sounding music in the format they refuse to recognize.
Well said. I was quite an SACD advocate until I bought my DVD-A player. Now I say just bring the damn titles out and let the listening begin!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
YES!!! This is news I have wanted to hear for a long time!!! Roadrunner is part of Universal, so that means more high-res metal. :emoji_thumbsup: :D Finally! I have a format to adopt!

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
their upcoming Everything Must Go is DVD-A maybe???
John,

Of course Gaucho is SACD...;) If they go with DVDA, let's hope they go hybrid and 24/192.

The one thing about this album that almost guarantees good sound is a purist live to 2 track approach, just like Chesky and the audiophile labels.

we should hear some great sonics in either format. :)

I am still waiting for Universal (A&M) to re-master the back catalog for STYX. I would love to hear them on DVD-A in 5.1 surround if Universal decides to release any of there past albums. There music would do well as DVD-A or SACD as it is very layered.

As I have a Pioneer 45a I can play both formats so I am sure Universal will get some of my money with whatever artists/titles they put out.

PAT

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Patrick,

Not to mention the CDs I've heard of the material sounds like crap.

Of course if it's the original multi-track (and stereo) masters that sound like crap, all DVD-A or SACD would do is let us hear the crappy sound in all it's glory :frowning:

Fun material though!

Regards,

John,

The remastered Greatest Hits (part 1) cd sounds so much better than the material off of the original cd's. Bob Ludwig I feel did a great job bringing those songs back to life. Whatever "Audio Master Plus" is/was that A&M was using to master the songs on cd made the songs sound kind of lifeless to me. My old records sounded much better if I remember correctly. So, there is hope I think for a better sounding DVD-A or SACD product.

PAT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks