What's new

Universal is about to open the floodgates... (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Well, Gord knows what I've been asking him about (at least as far as Universal goes) for quite some time:

Leave it to Beaver

Personally, while my heart wants to hope that this show will be listed by David and Gord in the coming days, my cynical mind tells me Universal isn't gonna do it. Don't know exactly why I feel this way, and I hope I'm wrong. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up only to be let down.

Gary "of course, I'd love to see The Six Million Dollar Man released as well" O.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I hope Uni can get things together for a release of 6MDM. I'm not overly interested in Bionic Woman...but 6MDM? I'd buy that in seconds. :)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Oh I would so buy The Six Million Dollar Man! I don't think I can clearly remember a single episode. I just remember the "feeling" of anticipation for the next episode. With Wonder Woman announced All I am missing from my classic TV Heroes is Hulk full seasons and Spider man 70s live action tv show.

Actually, who owns that Spidey TV show? Universal?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There's just about no question you'll see the Six Million Dollar Man at some point in the near future. The movie is coming out next year, and they'll definitely want to do a tie-in. The downside is you might have to wait until the movie comes out.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I address this in my news item for Bionic Woman: Yes, for Steve Austin you'll have to wait until the film comes out. Double-Dammit...can't wait!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Cynicism comes naturally when I see this avalanche of shows being released, but the 2 that are dearest to my heart remain locked away in a vault for perhaps forevermore.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'm in for "Miami Vice" definitely, and "Magnum P.I" possibly.

I'm hoping "Out Of This World" will get a release also. I haven't seen that show in so many years.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Who has exchanged a few e-mails with Joe Alaskey, who was the uncle on that program.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's the Magnum P.I. news. It's in the book, but we're so close to a press release that I won't spend time on a separate "book" newspost about it, especially since it's less info than in the newspost above. Just wait for the announcement, it's "real soon now".

Other "already-know-about-it" shows in the book are The Apprentice, Knight Rider, Sliders, A-Team, Galactica (old and new), Northern Exposure, Monk, American Dreams, Quantum Leap, all 3 versions of Law & Order, Buck Rogers (nice shot of Wilma, I may share it), Columbo, and Munsters.

The rest? You'll just have to wait. I just posted two of them a few minutes ago. Gary OS can leave Gord alone now. ;) The rest of you can "Dream On" about what the next ones will consist of. More cool and amazing news tomorrow.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Dang it! I appreciate David and Gord giving us the info they have on the possibility of Leave it to Beaver being released. Of course, I'm torn on the announcement. Part of me is excited, but part of me is very reluctant to jump for joy. After all, David and Gord took great pains to tell us in their update that no time-table has been given for the release of this show. Heck, there isn't even any info telling us that it will be in Season sets for that matter. God forbid, but it could be a "Best of" set.

So, while I'm happy to hear this news, I'm not yet ready to do cartwheels. If and when David and Gord get firm info that the set is definitely coming, then I'll be happy!

Gary "thanks to David and Gord for giving us the info they have" O.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Now I know how Wozniak felt when Jobs got all the glory for the Apple ][!! :wink:

Oh, well, no problem. It's his site after all. I'm heading to bed, guys...goodnight! More in the morning, if my wife lets me live that long. :laugh:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
David,

Thanks again for the info! Tell your wife I said you're all right. :)

Gary "I really am grateful for the release of this info" O.

Claude North

Second Unit
I'm wondering about Universal's plans to release Night Gallery. The NG fansite, www.nightgallery.net offers some contradictory information. On the one hand, they praise Universal's restoring and remastering of the series for the Mystery Channel. Then, they criticize Universal for apparently using that "outdated" version for the DVDs So, who knows what to expect?

Read in a related thread that Kojak is a Universal property. That's one I'd definitely buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks