What's new

Universal focus on back catalog in 2003 (1 Viewer)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Universal,

I would love to see these movies on DVD which are:
Smokey and the Bandit II
Smokey and the Bandit III
Phantasm II
Phantasm III
The Money Pit
American Tail
American Tail: Fievel Goes West

These movies must be released in their OAR.

One another note, Universal, please release the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoons which were designed by Walter Lantz onto DVD.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
HALLELUJAH!
STREETS OF FIRE!
ULTI-MATE EDITION!
HALLELUJAH!

Yes...Yes...YES!

Universal, thank you from the bottom of my heart...This is gonna be sweet!

Martin Jeeves, thanks for letting us know the word on the "Streets".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

"Streets Of Fire: UE"..."Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Vista Series"...2003 is gonna be rocking my system!

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to second the Money Pit and the Smokey sequels....how bout a Smokey box set??? And going back to television, does anyone know if The A-Team will ever see the light of day on DVD as season sets?? Would make sense if they ever release the movie that SJC is working on...might even be a good way to promote the movie.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" finally in stereo as originally released in New York. The Deleted scenes/songs from the preview cut would also be highly recommended.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
where is my collector's edition of conan the destroyer? with the uncut footage on the dvd? the movie was released with a PG rating.. somewhere in universal is the "R" rated cut of the movie. I want to see that footage.
I have a site on actress sarah douglas who played queen taramis in conan.. there is a special edition from MGM in overseas.. they have commentary and some extras features..MGM could not get the rights to the uncut footage. they interview basil poledourus and the comic book writers for marvel conan.. they wrote the first draft for conan 2. I conducted an interview with Greg Carson. he was the dvd producer for the dvd.
I have a copy of the germany and australia se dvd.
I have info on my site.
www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglas
JACOB
PS everyone has there own dvd that you want as a special editon.. from superman 2 to street of fire.. best of luck to all of us.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
This is exactly the news I wanted to hear... after butchering Scarface, I wondered if I should still buy it, just on the basis of the impact this movie had.
Here's a review of the "Collector's Edition
(pretty much says it all):frowning:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I don't think Cat People (42) is a Universal title...but let's get it on DVD anyway.

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
well here's hoping for
Earthworm Jim: The Complete Series
The Munsters
Sliders
Quantum Leap
Orgazmo
Guest House Paradiso
The Money Pit
Death Becomes Her SE (Anamorphic Widescreen)
Monty Python's The Meaning of life SE
Weird Science SE
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie SE

BrentJ

Second Unit
Scarface (Ultimate Edition) The Al Pacino remake
I'm confused on this. What do you mean by remake? I hope they just give us a respectable transfer of the original movie. I don't think people (myself) included are going to go for a remake or even a remake of the original score.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Without going back and finding the post you quoted, I assume he is differentiating from the Scarface from the '30s. The Al Pacino Scarface was a very loose remake of this film. Frankly, I'd rather the original, but I'm in the minority I'm sure.

BrentJ

Second Unit
Thanks. I never knew of an older scarface movie. I still hope they don't replace the original score with a new rap score. I know this was being talked about.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The 1932 Howard Hawks version of Scarface? I'd love it! Is that Universal, in fact? Well, whoever it is...bring it on! Paul Muni can, at times, make Al Pacino look quite calm. :D
Of course, Al does a terrific nutjob, too. "Say hello to my little friend!!"

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Frankly, I'd rather the original, but I'm in the minority I'm sure.
I prefer it too, it's a much better film and the best gangster film opf the 30's (and the most brutal). I'm hoping Universal releases this along with the re-release of the remake

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF was released by Universal in the states and on MCA Universal on VHS and laserdisc. Bring on the DVD, please!

As for KING KONG vs. GODZILLA (widescreen) and KING KONG ESCAPES; I think 2003 is the year the rights finally revert to Toho. Likely we will see widescreen DVDs of these at some point but maybe not with the US footage/dubbing intact. Will these suddenly show up on the Sci-Fi Channel letterboxed and with different dubbing as some of the older G films did? I'd really like to see a DVD containing both the US and Japanese KK vs G versions (no, there aren't too different endings by the way, Kong wins in both) but I suppose it is too much to ask for.

If Universal renews somehow, I'd love to see new versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks