What's new

Universal Announces Hammer Horror set (1 Viewer)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
It looks like a HAMMER HALLOWEEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!From UNIVERSAL AND WARNERS, ARE YOU LISTENING COLUMBIA (SONY) ????????
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!

Will K

Screenwriter
On the Psycho II and III front, Universal has updated the specs and it appears at least the theatrical trailers will be present.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Now if we can get a Golden Age of Science Fiction Collection and a Tremors Franchise Collector's set. I also wonder if Universal will re-issue THE CAR now that the Anchor Bay one is out of print.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Which could include:

INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN
MOLE PEOPLE
THIS ISLAND EARTH
THE LAND UNKNOWN
ISLAND OF THE LOST SOULS

...and what else?

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I'd think Universal would put ISLAND OF LOST SOULS (1933) in a 1930s/1940s-era "Franchise Collection", bundled with films like MURDERS IN THE ZOO (1933), DR. CYCLOPS (1940), MAN-MADE MONSTER (1941), THE MONSTER & THE GIRL (1941), etc.

Here's what Universal has to work with, in terms of sci-fi/horror films of the 1950s (leaving out the Boris Karloff vehicles, THE STRANGE DOOR (1951) and THE BLACK CASTLE (1952), as they'd likely go into some sort of a "Karloff Legacy" set with stuff like TOWER OF LONDON (1939) and THE CLIMAX (1944)):

THIS ISLAND EARTH (1955)
TARANTULA (1955)
CULT OF THE COBRA (1955)
THE MOLE PEOPLE (1956)
THE LAND UNKNOWN (1957)
THE DEADLY MANTIS (1957)
THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN (1957)
THE MONOLITH MONSTERS (1957)
MONSTER ON THE CAMPUS (1958)
THE THING THAT COULDN'T DIE (1958)
BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE (1958-British, I'm not sure if Universal still controls the U.S. rights to this one)
CURSE OF THE UNDEAD (1959)
THE LEECH WOMAN (1960)

--easily enough for a couple of "franchise collection" sets. I could also easily see Universal re-releasing IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (1953), with all the previous disc's bonus material, in a "1950s Sci-Fi Legacy Collection", as they have done previously with DRACULA, FRANKENSTEIN, THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, etc.

Perhaps they'll give us a "franchise" double-feature disc of KING KONG VS. GODZILLA (1962, the english-dubbed American release version) and KING KONG ESCAPES (1968), hopefully both in anamorphic widescreen, in time for a marketing tie-in with Peter Jackson KING KONG.

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
I just rented a dvd," The Horror of Hammer" from NetFlix. It is 2 hours of Hammer trailers. Some are pretty beatup, but how I remember seeing those trailers,and alot of the films in the theater. The great Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee in so many.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Peter,
A wonderful list of titles you have there...boy!! do i so wish the Universal would release some of those!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks