What's new

United States of Tara Season 3 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Season Premiere was last night! I can't believe I nearly missed it (thank you, Mediacenter for remembering)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really enjoyed the premiere, actually. I have no idea what Buck was doing in Salina, Kansas.. but they are going out of their way to include lots of little asides to what happens in our metro :) I liked the reference to the restaurant @ Mission & Shawnee Mission Parkway - which for Kansas City people may be one of the greatest jokes I've heard in a while though I don't think anyone else would get it. Tony Collete looks great so far. I do like that we are introducing a character who actively disbelieves DID is real. DID is something many practicing psychiatrists believe is crap, and is not a valid diagnostic anywhere in the world except for the US and UK. Everywhere else, it is a diagnosis that is unsupported so having an open doubter is a good move.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm really enjoying this season a lot. Good stuff. Eddie Izzard is a good role for what he's cast as; but I really like the direction of the daughter this season

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Finally all caught up on USOT, I find the entire family dynamic is a lot more fleshed out this season; it finally seemingly works. Tara really is an actress showpiece, though, and wow does Toni nail it.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
A +1 to Eddie Izzard as well.

In the last ep, I was thinking, please don't hurt wheels, please don't hurt wheels.

Just saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Kate should start a band like she had in that movie. ;)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
And this season will be the last. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/23/report-nurse-jackie-renewed-united-states-of-tara-cancelled-by-showtime/93664/

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Bummer!!!!!! I really like this show and I am sorry to see it go!!!!!

In what will now be a tribute...S2 will be a birthday present next month...while S3 will be a XMAS gift!!!!!!

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I didn't like how it ended, but not sure what else they should of done. I thought this was a very good season, maybe better than last, but it was a lot darker.

I got mad at the husbands rant at the dinner table, he dated the crazy woman, he got the crazy woman pregnant, he got married and started a family with a crazy person, WTF do you think was going to happen? IDK, it pissed me off.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I think they should've ended it with the previous weeks episode. Her jumping off the bridge - cut to credits, it's done.

This ep felt like a P.S. - tacked on as an afterthought.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Brooks said:
Does anyone know if the last couple of episodes were finished before they found out they were not renewed?
They just found out that the show was cancelled less than a month ago so the episodes were definitely shot before they found out and I'd bet that the episodes were probably all locked before it was cancelled too.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I guess the ending could have worked either way. I am sad to see it end. I thought this season was actually better. I really liked Eddie Izzard's role in the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks