What's new

Unforgiven - what a great film (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I have just finished watching Unforgiven, which I havent seen since it was released, and I cant believe how much I failed to appreciate what a great film this is when I first saw it. I had forgotten most of it. Its nice to see a film, especially a Western where all the characters are flawed in some way, and there is no "hero" of the film.

The score is also great, and I didn't realise that Eastwood had written the main theme either.

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO, I feel this is the best western ever. The flaws of the characters and the way the west itself is portrayed make it very easy to suspend reality and get into the film(believable).

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I saw this for the first time a few months ago and was totally blown away. It's the best western I've ever seen. The themes and character relationships the film explores are real and engaging and unlike any other western I've seen. Excellent film.

Luc D

Second Unit
It really is one of the greatest westerns ever made, and is as much about the genre as it is part of it. Wonderful film.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
It's one of my favorites and I generally hate westerns. I guess I like it so much because it comes off as not being a western to me. You tend to get so caught up in great story telling that you more or less forget the time period. I absolutely love the final scene, it couldn't have played out better. Awesome movie.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I, too, really enjoyed this movie (the new SE DVD is great). I have to say though, I think Gene Hackman stole the movie; he was phenomenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks